Chapter 5

I pull Ryan up the stairs behind me, sneaking to the principals office, he kept muttering about a 'suicide mission' but i just 'sssh'ed him and moved further up the stairs in silence.

We were doing so well and only had one flight of stairs to go. After that all we needed was to get into the room and then we were set.

I could feel Ryan shaking beside me. I held his hand. It wasn't something I would normally do but he seemed so fragile and breakable.

We moved further up the steps. Then we heard it. The footsteps the howling. People running towards us. Fuck.

They ran right up to us and stopped crowding us. Instinctively, I pushed Ryan right behind me, pressed between my self and the wall.

"Well, well, well Urie. It's good to see you back here. Shame you won't be winning this year." Someone said. I took a deep breath as they pressed in.

Someone threw a punch, catching my jaw, i lashed out with my elbow and knees, catching a few people by surprise.

Then someone caught my ear. I lost all balance, they had me. I got hit in the eye, nose, crotch, shin, jaw and everywhere else I could have been punched. Ryan was trying to help but he was scared and useless. Soon the guys went in for the kill. I wondered how they had managed not to harm Ryan.

And i realised that I didn't want them to hurt Ryan. So in a last ditch effort to save him, I lept forward. Fuck what was left of my body. I clawed, I ripped, I bit and thrashed. Soon the group moved away and I fell to the floor with Ryan falling beside me.

"Brendon... What the hell? Why would you do that?" He asked in concern. I shrugged, catching my breath and standing again.

"I went through a lot of shit to get up here and I'm not going to let those assholes take that away from me. So let's fucking go." I said, dragging him up with me, moving up the final set of stairs.

I couldn't breathe very well but I kept moving. I opened the door to find the pristine office. Untouched. Thank God.

I followed Ryan into the room and found a bag.

"Grab everything that's on the list." I said, stumbling around the room and filling the bag. Soon we had everything.

"Okay new strategy on the way back. Run like the hounds of hell are after you." I muttered, briefly nodding, Ryan turned to out the bag on his back.

I smiled and pushed him to the door.

"Three, two, one... Go!" He said pushing the door open.

We took off at a sprint, down around six flights of stairs, taking them two steps at a time.

We spun around corners and were nearly at the music room.

I took the steps to the music room three at a time and tripped into the room. I fell to the floor. Ryan falling beside me.

We had some issues round about then. I coughed... Blood.

"Fuck... Bren we need to get you to the closet. I have water and stuff we can use to clean you just... Fuck please move please." I then realised Ryan was crying. So I grabbed his hand with my bloody one and moved to the closet with him.

He sat me down and leaned me back, grabbing a sponge and some water he started to clean the wounds on my face.

"Bren.. Why did you do that? Why did you let them hurt you and protect me?" Ryan said, I noticed a few tears falling,

"I don't really know... You seemed so fragile and I wouldn't... Couldn't let them hurt you." I said softly.

Ryan did something stupid then.

Something careless, reckless, insane and amazing all at once.

He kissed me

IT HAS BEEN SO LONG SINCE I UPDATED BUT I SAW THIS HAD A LOT OF READS SO HERE