Chapter 1

Okay hello this is my new fic. For those wondering TIVATHB is on hold for now but will be back wen this is done.

I had been elected again. Great. Every year our school hosts a game with one other school in the state. 20 students are locked into our school, they are paired with one of the 20 from a different school and are tied together. They then have to (while tied together) complete a hunt for objects hidden on any floor of the school.

There are no lights.

No phones.

No help.

You are given a back pack with all the things you will need for the weekend: small amount of food, flash light, glow sticks and so on.

I have been elected by my class every year so far. I have nearly won once, but never actually managed it. I got my nose broken a couple of years ago.

More brutal than the hunger games.

I had been given the news that Friday morning in a meeting with the 19 other people playing and the principal. He instructed us what school and the rules before sending us home early.

The only perk to this game was you got off the Friday and Monday. There was no sleeping during this.

I went home and napped for hours until around 5. My mom woke me and gave me dinner, meaning I wouldn't need to eat till the morning.

I drove myself down to school and signed in at the gate. I stood on the front line beside my fellow students. The principals of both schools were there, each at the head of their line. I was the last in my line. It appeared there was only one to come from the other team too.

I had opted for all black, easier to hide and mainly all I owned.

I wore black skinnies, black converse and a jack skellington hoodie. I smiled at my principal as he handed out our packs,

"You've got it this year, Brendon." He said, giving me mine. As the principals finished their lines of pupils one last boy ran through the gates.

He was gangly and in all black too. My partner had arrived. The principals began to handcuff the pairs to each other depending on their place in the line.

I stepped closer to the out of breath, gangly boy and smirked at his bent form,

"Late often?" I muttered as he straightened up. He smiled softly,

"Had to walk, mom wouldn't give me a lift this late." I said quietly. The principals approached and handcuffed us together, after handing Ryan his pack. He looked terrified,

"It's okay," I said soothingly, "that's just how you play the game. I've been here for the last few years. This is my last one." I explained and he nodded. I was hoping my experience would comfort him. It seemed to work,

"I'm Ryan." He barely whispered,

"Brendon." I confirmed. I checked the strength of the handcuffs. Damn, strong ones. I looked at Ryan and smiled, bouncing on my toes,

"Ready?!" I grinned and he smiled feebly back,

"OKAY STUDENTS!" My principal yelled, "YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO, YOU WERE CHECKED ON ARRIVAL AND ARE READY TO GO!"

"THREE. TWO. ONE. GET GOING!"