1.02

Where You Can Run But You Can't Hide

*~*~*~*

"How're you folks doing over here?" A soft smile graced Catalina's lips as she stopped at one of the tables that filled the restaurant's small dining room. A family of four sat around the table-- a couple with their young daughter and son-- enjoying a late lunch together. "Everything alright?"

"It's wonderful, Lina." The mother, Angela, assured her. 

"As always," Angela's husband, Vincent, added. 

"Can I have more root beer?" Their daughter, Isabel, asked as she held her empty cup up to Catalina. Her large brown eyes staring up at the woman, almost resembling puppy eyes. 

"That's a question for your parents, baby, not me." Catalina gave a small shake of her head as she looked towards the girl's parents. It was the same routine the girl played every time the family came into the restaurant, always eager to try and get a little more soda. 

"One more glass, that's it." Vincent gave a small nod of approval as Catalina took the empty glass. 

"I'll get that right away." Catalina ruffled the girl's dark locks a little before heading towards the bar that rested at the back of the restaurant, empty glass in hand. She slipped behind the bar with ease, passing the glass off to one of the waitresses. "Liv, can you get Isabel another root beer? Heavy on the ice."

"You've got it," Liv nodded before walking away to do as she'd been told. With the drink taken care of Catalina turned her attention to the small computer that rested behind the bar to check on the day's sales so far. 

As Catalina worked, she remained oblivious to yet another customer making their way inside the restaurant. Their eyes scanning over the space until they caught sight of the Seymour woman standing behind the bar. Seemingly oblivious to what was going around her, her entire focus on the computer before her. A smirk filled the newcomer's lips as they made their way towards the bar, eyes never once leaving the woman's figure. 

"Excuse me?" He cleared his throat as he took a seat on the bar stool across the bar from her. 

"Just a minute, please." Catalina responded without tearing her gaze away from the computer. 

"No rush," he assured her. "I've waited two days already, a couple more minutes isn't a big deal."

At those words her head snapped up. Her green eyes widening just a fraction as she found herself coming face to face with the man she had encountered two days earlier. A small grin filled Han's lips as he stared right back at the woman, seeming to take amusement in her shock. Clearly not having expected him to show up at her work; likely having never expected to actually see him again after their race. 

"What? No 'hello'?" He joked.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She didn't bother beating around the bush.

"In case you've forgotten, you owe me a date." He reminded her.

"And I told you that I don't date," she countered. "How'd you even know that I work here?"

"I've gotta admit, that did take some work. I asked around about you, but nobody was willing to give me the time of day." He eyed the woman before him as he spoke. It was that very fact that had only driven his curiosity about her, the fact that no one that knew her was willing to help him find her. Everyone he had asked having either blatantly ignored him or had lied and said they didn't know who he was talking about. "Seems as though they're all afraid to wind up on your bad side."