4.Did Grandma die?

Ahh!! my head hurts. Did I drink until I went flat?? I can't remember going out for a drink? I opened my eyes. I am lying on a bed and this is not my room. was I kidnaped?? I jolted up and saw Iris sleeping on the foot of the bed and I remembered, we went out for dinner and came home. I was feeling dizzy then it was blank. I must have blanked out. I turned to the side to see Jared sitting on a chair beside me. Daisy was curled up on him. she had her arms around his neck and her head was buried on to his shoulder.

Then I noticed Jared's face. What was that look. I can't even bear to look at him. He looked like shattered glass. A lost puppy on the street. He looked like as if he was lost and he would never find his home again. His face was wet and his eyes were red. My brother crying?? that was very rare. What happened to make him this miserable?? I reached out my hand to touch my other half. His cheeks felt so cold. A shiver went through me. He even felt sad. I felt as if someone was cutting my beating heart in to pieces.  A tear went down my cheek.

HOW DARE ANYONE MAKE MY BROTHER CRY!!!

I am so, so angry! if I get the punk who did this, I am going to shred him in to pieces... or she, gender doesn't matter!! I tried to get off the bed but felt something pulling from my wrist. What the hell. Saline! why the hell are they giving me saline!! Is something wrong with me? I looked around the room and saw Dad hugging mom tightly and mom sobbing while wiping her face on his chest.

The door opened to the room and a man in a white coat came in. A Doctor! He saw me and walked toward me. He took my hand and checked my pulse.

"She should be fine now" the doctor said. I nodded. He gave me a weird expression and went to talk with my parents.

"Hey, what's going on" I asked Jared out of pure curiosity

He looked at me with pleading eyes but didn't say anything. Everyone is acting so weird. Did grandma die?? What!! No! I must be stupid to think that!

"Oh honey!!" Mom came running to me and took my hand. She squeezed it.

Mhm! Said the Doc getting all are attention.

"I am sorry to give you bad news but Roes my dear you have leukemia"

I knew this man was buttering up to tell me something like this. Okay  leukemia, right? What am I supposed to say. It's a dangerous illness, that much I know. So, I am the reason Jared's crying so should I shred myself?? What am I supposed to say?

"What's leukemia" I blurted out. okay I am nuts.

"It's kind of a cancer"

OHH a cancer. That's scary. You might think I must be crazy for having no reaction but I am like this. It's sad but its life it's supposed to be like this. I pretty much have a perfect life. There had to be a crack in it too. Don't you think? and I have to keep myself together for my brother. I think it's mostly because of my brother.

"How much time do I have" I asked.

"From the look of it your percentage in survival is very low." Why is this man reluctant to say this. It isn't like he would get punished!

"You have about two years"

Seriously two years!! I though he was going to say like 2 months.

"Wow that's more than enough" I blurted out without thinking

Jared suddenly stood up that he even dropped Daisy. Without a word he dashed out of the room. Shit what was I thinking. NO! I Didn't mean it like that!!

I hurried myself off the bed and heard the doc saying

"It's nothing because of her behavior or anything it seems like its genetic thing"

WHAT GENETIC!!

My hands started shaking. I stumbled towered the Doctor and grabbed his hands it was hard to even speak as if someone was jamming my lungs. I was shocked by my fear.

"He doesn't have it. does he?" I manage to ask still struggling with the words.

The doc didn't answer which made me fill with even more horror.

"DOES HE HAVE IT!!!!!" I screamed grabbing the confused doctor tears jumping out of my eyes.

Dad must have understood me. He hurried towards me and lift me off the floor almost lifting me off my toes.

"No Baby he doesn't. You don't have to worry. Shh! stop crying like a good girl. Jared's fine he is perfectly fine". Those words were the reason I was able to breathe again. I felt as if the doors of the haven were open to me. Jared must have felt the same way and I even joked about it. The feeling of losing part of yourself. The tears that came earlier kept coming without a stop.

How horrible am I?  

Sry, I know it's short and sry, for the late update.