7.Gift of God

HIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

The last chapter was a little short so I made sure this was a little longer.

ENJOY!!

"What the hell is wrong with you!!" The new comer barked at me.

I recognized that bossy voice at once "SOPHIE!"

"Yeah, would you like to give an answer" Mason butted it.

Oh, shit! I was not ready for this, crap! So, I just stood there with no words.

"Rose, tell them to come in." said Jared. Still, I had no words how am I going to explain?

"Well Rose is stuck, come in guys" said Jared finally deciding that I was not going to talk.

Mason and Sophie stomped their way to the couch and sat on it. They have been here so many times, it's all most like their home.

"Care to explain?" asked Sophie bubbling with annoyance.

Jared looked at me with raised eyebrows. "You didn't tell them?"

"I have no idea how to say it" I replied.

"What's wrong" asked Mason concernedly. "Is everything all right. You know you can tell us everything, right?"

Ding...dong...ding...dong...ding.... dong...ding...dong...

The bell started going on again continuously and this time I knew who it was. Jared hurried to the door and came back with Lexi beside him.

"Hey. What's up?" she asked.

All of them were looking at me. I looked at Jared asking for help. He nodded. Meaning that it was no use keeping it a secret from them but I really didn't want to break it like this.

Ten minutes later 

All three of them were looking at me with horror filled eyes. Sophie's eyes filled with tears but she tried to keep them in.

"You are kidding right" Mason asked for the umpteenth time.

"No, it's true" I answered.

"I didn't mean anything when I said God is being unfair. I am afraid that he took it seriously" he said with shaking words.

Hm, they seem to have no words. I really didn't want to do this. It would just be another bourdon on them.

Sophie came to me and hugged me tightly.

"I know it took you lots of guts to tell us this. I know you don't want us to worry but thanks for telling. It means a lot. I am Happy to know you care for us and I know that you worry that it will be a bourdon on us. I know you don't worry for yourself so, let me be worried about you." she whispered to my ear.

"Let go, I want to hug too" Mason interrupted and Sophie rolled her eyes.

"You ruin everything you know" she said. She seems to understand me very well. After all we have been friends for so long but I am pretty sure even though she is not showing it, this is hurting her so much.

Mason was more like a bear he picked me up in his hands. He was not good with words so he didn't tell anything. I am sure he is shocked and would cry himself to bed. The thought gives me shivers. It pains me to see them trying to act normal.

Lexi being Lexi didn't say anything but her clouded face hasn't change, the horror look was still on it. She just looked out of space and suddenly crashed down to the floor. I did not expect that from her!

Jared hurried over to her and picked her up. He helped her to sit down on the couch with a concern look on his face. Lexi grabbed Jared's hand and asked

"It's not true right? Tell me it's a prank for YouTube"

I hurried over to her and kneeled down in front of her Which suddenly reminds me of the first day we met.

Flash back

We were first years. Me and Jared walked to the car park looking for mum, after school. We herd someone crying. Jared was always the kind and caring one so he went around to find who was crying and we found a girl crying with a funny looking boy next to her. She straitened her head when we came near. Her eyes were swollen red. "Stop crying Lexi it's no big deal" I heard the boy say.

"What's up" Jared asked playing the cool guy.

"Her friends diched her after taking her money" Said the funny looking boy.

Jared inhaled sharply, he hates bullies. "Then they are no friends" he said.

"I told that to her. But she is not stopping with the tears. I even told her that I would give her money." Said the boy looking very puzzled.

"I know, it's hard to stop girls when they cry, I have one here myself" said Jared looking at me.

"What? I am not a cry baby. Look Lexi they are teasing us" I said to the new girl hoping she would stop crying and she did.

"Mason always does that" said Lexi wiping her tears and that's when I saw that her knee was injured.

"Did you fell?" I asked. Both of the guys turned their attention on us. Jared was very protective when it comes to weak people. I opened my backpack and took a plaster from it. I kneeled in front of Lexi and plastered her cut. I looked up at her and saw her smiling to a joke Jared made. Why do people use their strength against weaker peoples and mostly why do friends betray their friends. I would have never betrayed my friend and if someone else hurt my friend I would have smashed them like smashed potatoes. I would have never let her cry alone. Even though I was not strong and Jared was the one who always protected me I felt a huge urge to kick those bastards who upset her. On that moment, I knew that we were going to be friends and that it is  forever. I couldn't wait to interduce her to Sophie.

Flash back end

The way she cries has never changed.it pained me to see it now as well as then. I took one of her hands and hold it tightly while Sophie joined us holding her other hand.

"You know, I have never regretted for a single moment choosing you guys as my friends" I said.

"Me neither" said Sophie. "And you are not going to die Rose. There is a cure and you are going to get treated for this!" Sophie demanded.

"Yeah, don't you dare die" said Lexi with tear trails on her cheeks.

"Group hug" said Sophie and we all huddled up  for a group hug. The warm feeling of having your friends around you cannot be taken. It is a gift god give us. For me to have such cool and loveable friends is a miracle. They knew how to cheer me up. When I try to act okay, they would always know that there is something wrong. The time I share with them is like a fairy tale in real life.

I felt someone jumping on to are lovely hug.

"This is so not fair, how come you do group hugs without me" Mason wined.

"You are such annoying you know" said Lexi finally returning to herself.

"This is why you don't have a girlfriend" she said and a laugh came out of my mouth. From the corner of my eye, I noticed Sophie tense.

Thought the topic has changed no one said anything and there was an awkward silence. With the bad news, all the jokes seem to die quickly and the usual behaving was different. Jared must have noticed the tension

"How about we have a dip in the pool. The weather is nice and we all could use a little relaxing" He suggested.

Who would say no to that? 

Thanks for reading!!

If you have a good name for the book pls do tell me!!

BYE!!