Lars Ulrich | In the Rain

Me and my friends went to a party. It was fun and we've drank a lot but after a few hours I felt like I had enough. I tried to get through the crowd to look for my friends but most of them were busy with making out with some girls. 'Where is Lars?' I asked myself. He's been my best friend for over a year and He lives not far away from here so we wanted to go watch a movie at his house after the party. It wasnt rare that we went to his house for a movie night. I found James sitting on the couch talking to a girl. A beer in his hand.

"Hey have you seen Lars anywhere? " 

I said loudly so he could understand. He shook his head and started to pay attention to the other girl again. This fucker was busy with the ladies I guess. I continued to look for him by my own. It took me a bit but I found him eventually. He sat outside of the house. When i stepped outside to look for him i noticed wet drops on my head.

"Lars? It's raining what are you doing here?"

 I was a little worried about him. Usually he gets along with people really well and now he is out here alone, facing the dark of the night and street lights? That was odd

"Thinking"

 he replied. The first thing I noticed was how serious he sounded like.

"About?"

 I asked while sitting down next to him.

"Life" 

Im guessing he is like that because of the amount of alcohol he consumed but i still took his words seriously. I hate seeing him like that.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

 Lars didn't reply. The silence spoke more than thousand words and i felt pressured to do something. I put my arm on his shoulder, pulling him closer to me. Hopefully he knew that I'm always there for him. Even though no one said anything it was less awkward now. After a bit he rested his head on my shoulder. I knew he was thankful for my presence.

 Few minutes passed by and he grabbed my hand really tight all of sudden, almost like he feared that I could possibly leave him here alone again. That made me smile a little and after a short while his warm hand relaxed. I was wondering what he was thinking about.

The rain didn't bother us and we just listened how millions of small water drops fell on us and our surroundings. It was a mid-summer night and the Rain wasn't that cold. Not warm either but after all not so bad. Kind of relaxing to listen to it while letting all your thoughts out.

 We sat there for a while , wordless, both of us thinking about life. I lied my head on his. I really liked him and that for a while now. You know? not just as friends but I'm doubting he feels the same way. At least I never noticed any possible hints for that. I would never make a move. No, I'm way too scared to ruin our friendship. Reasonable, I think. He's amazing and he  always manages to makes me smile. We joked around all the time and getting drunk together was a fun thing we would sometimes. He annoyed me a lot too but his puppy eyes made me forget about that. His green eyes are so beautiful and unique on its own way. Everything about Lars is perfect honestly. I began to feel how the rain soaks my clothes wet and I started to freeze.

"Do you wanna go home? It's getting a bit cold."

"Okay y/n"

the way he says my name makes me smile every time. I got up looking down on him. Now I've noticed three beer cans next to him on the ground. I'm sure he drank a lot more. To see him so lost in his thoughts like that must've take a lot of booze. First I thought about telling the guys that we're going but they'll figure it out eventually. We left the party behind, walking as the rain got heavier. I wouldn't call it a storm but it was enough to make every single inch of my body wet. It still didn't bother me though and Lars didn't seem bothered as well. I was spinning in the rain, letting it hit my face. It almost looked like I was dancing like a kid. Some people do cringe shit while being drunk and I guess that is what I did.

 I could hear that it made Lars giggle a bit and gave him his usual smirk back. I loved his smile so much. I walked backwards to face him again but I slipped on the street and fell on the ground with my back first hitting the floor. A small splash sound was noticeable and I knew my clothes were completely ruined with water and dirt.

"Are you okay, Idiot?" 

he asked giggling. To look at me amused him apparently. He reached out his hand to help me up and when I took it to get up easier he slipped as well and almost fell on me. Sarcastically and smiling I replied to him

"Are you okay, Idiot?"

He laughed a little 

"I'm more than Okay"

His face came closer and his lips met mine. He kissed me gently and then looked at me after. I was in shock and instantly blamed it on the alcohol. I was speechless and couldn't think of any sort of reply I could possibly give him. Before I could react he went up and looked down on me. 

"Get up y/n or you'll catch a cold"

Does he regret what he just did? Did he wait for a certain reaction? I got up and with a weird mood in the air and a mixed feeling in my stomach we walked down the street to his home. I was shaking and I couldn't tell if it was the huge amount of alcohol in my blood, the cold weather or his kiss. He must be really drunk to do this. We were almost at his doorframe when I quickly decided to make a move.

"Wait Lars"

I said out of nowhere. Not even thinking about what I'm saying

"Can't it wait till we're inside?" 

"No"

He sighed and looked at me with his green eyes.

"But it's raining y/n"

I swallowed and went up to him. I put my hand on his cheek and kissed him, symbolizing that I want him too. This time it wasn't a short kiss. It felt more intensive and lovely. My heart was pounding so much, I was scared it might just explode in my chest. When I looked at his face again, I replied with a simple

"it's just Rain"