Chapter-36

ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ɪ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ; ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱʟᴇᴇᴘ
ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴇ?
....

I wish I was a robot, I could've done everything thing with one charge. I wouldn't even have periods, damn. Just thinking about it is giving me satisfaction.

For the last one week, the workload is too much. After back-to-back meetings, arranging the schedule and getting the boardroom ready, I'm exhausted.

I look around to see what people are doing. Everyone seems to be in their own zone, some are working, some are playing games with minimized screens. I look over to Lydia, she's answering calls.

I was lost in my own thoughts when I bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry." I said, quickly bending down to pick up the things he or she dropped but judging by the shoes it's a he. I looked down only to realise that he didn't drop anything, I stood up feeling embarrassed.

"It's totally fine, I'm Marcus Davis." He introduces himself, offering his hand to shake. Oh, it's the guy who was in the meeting.

"Celeste Reed." I reply, shaking his hand.

"So do you work here?" He asks. No dude, I just walk around the boss' floor for fun.

"Assistant to the CEO." I reply, offering a tight-lipped smile.

"Oh I see, you weren't present in the meeting." He says. Great observation.

"Mr. Black has a really busy schedule that I have to manage and I wasn't really needed there. If you excuse me, I have to get back to work." I tell him, giving him a nod.

"I was wondering if you'd like to grab dinner, I'm sure it's time for your leave?" He suggests.

"I'm working late." I reply.

"I can pick you up later?" He asks. Does he not get the memo?

"I'm sorry to decline your offer." I wasn't. "But I'd rather go home and have dinner with my boyfriend." I reply with another fake smile. I look down at my watch, getting impatient to leave right now.

"Oh." That's all he says, or so I thought. "I hope you'll think about giving me a chance once he's out of the picture." He says, handing out his card to me. When I make no move to take it, he raises his eyebrow in question. Who does he think he is? Chase Black?

"He won't be. You don't have to worry about that Mr. Dave." I reply, I know it was Davis but this the by far the best things I've learnt from Chase, misspell their name, fastest way to annoy them. The asshole called me Miss Red for like a month, I started calling him Mr. Blue, then he finally decided to stop.

"It's Davis." He replied, gritting his teeth together.

"Have a good day Mr. Devin." I said, walking away before he could open his annoying mouth again.

I open the door to Chase's office, he's not at his desk so I crane my neck sideways, it feels to be a task. I don't want to talk even, all my energy that was left was drained when I talked to the desperate ass out there.

As if sensing my presence, he turns around. I drop my body on his as soon as I reach near him.

"I'm so tired." I tell him, he's probably more tired than me but he knows how to hide it, unlike me.

"Do you want to go home? I'll call James to drop you off." He says. James is his driver who he almost never uses.

"No it's fine, you still have a meeting left." I remind him.

"You don't have to join in, go home. I'll join you later." He tells me.

"No." I reply, keeping my hands on his shoulders. I feel his hands lowering down to my thighs as he picks me up. I want to ask what is he doing but I don't as he lays me down on the couch.

"Take some rest." He says, his body hovering over mine.

"I'm not that tired-"

"Shush now." He says, kissing my forehead and moving away. He walks to his desk and calls someone. "Hey..yes I'm aware..cancel it. Thank you." I heard his short conversation. He probably cancelled his meeting. The question is, who is doing my job?

I see him dragging a chair and sitting near my feet. He takes my heels off and puts my feet on his lap, making me pull them back but he holds them firmly.

"You don't have to-"

"Shut up."

The moment he squeezes my feet I feel like all my pain is gone. His hands moved up to my calves after a while, I really would have married him right then if I wasn't so tired.

I felt my eyes drooping, before I fall asleep I wanted him to join me. "Come here." I call him, not opening my eyes. I don't think the couch is big enough for both of us but it will do.

He sighs as I hear shuffling, probably taking his jacket and shoes off and joining me.

"You always smell so nice." I say, sniffing him.

He frees my hair from the bun and starts massaging my scalp. God, can I really marry this man for real this time?

I don't know for how long I slept after that but my body feels so relaxed right now. I look up at Chase, who's still asleep. He looks so peaceful right now, he has a little smile on his face. I wonder what he's dreaming about. I kiss his forehead, brushing his hair back with my fingers.

Looking outside, I realise how dark it already is.

"Wake up my boo." I whispered, kissing his eyelids a couple of times, moving my lips to his forehead. I slowly kissed every inch of his face. When I pulled back a little, there was a smile on his face, making me smile too.

Did I mention how adorable his smile is? Only about a thousand times.

Shut up subconscious.

"I'd sleep every fucking hour to be woken up like that." He murmured softly. His words made me smile wider if possible. Guess how he's going to wake up everyday from now on?

I leaned down to kiss his smiling lips when a clearing of the throat made us jump apart. I would've fallen down from the couch if Chase wasn't holding me.

Why is he always so unbothered?

I try to get off him quickly but he just tightened his hold. "Get out." He said to whoever the intruder was since I was too busy hiding my face.

"Okay, you need to leave me now." I tell him, tapping his cheek.

"I'm not leaving you." He frowned.

"No silly, I mean you have to leave me so I could stand up." I explain.

"Oh." He said, not leaving me.

"Chase."

"Fine." He said, removing his arms.

I got up and forwarded my hand to have my scrunchie back, he's not stealing this one.

"What?" He asked.

"That thing around your wrist Mr." I demand.

He grumbles something under his breath and removed it from his wrist, handing me back. I tie my hair in a ponytail as he straightened his shirt.

.......
Hiiii potatoes, I'm so sorry for the delay. Hope you didn't forget about this lol. Have a great day or night, whatever your timezone is. Also there is less number of chapters now as I merged two or three.
.
Xx.