Chapter 8: Sorry

Shit.

I ain't mean that.

I stumbled out the club until i felt the cool summer breeze.
I glanced down at my phone it was 2am. I called an uber and asked him to stop at a 7/11 so i could get some water and try to sober up.

The drive to my apartment took about 30 min. I managed to sober up, give the driver a tip, and walk up the 5 flights of stairs to the apartment since there was no elevator.
The first thing I did was shower to get any remaining drugs or alcohol out of my system and to calm my pounding headache. I ended up standing under the running water for about 20 minutes just thinking about what i had done. I pushed a person ,who could ruin my life, and also called them a fag. I let out a frustrated groan and banged my head a few time into the cold shower tiles which earned me a "shut up" from my next door neighbor.

I got out the shower and wrapped myself in a towel and slipped on a pair of boxers and walked out into my room.

There was a figure sitting on my bed I was ready to attack until the figure turned around and it was just Nyla.

"What the fuck happened tonight?" She said sternly. I ignored her because i don't know the answer

"How did you get in?"

"You hide your key under the doormat like an idiot" I pushed her head in a joking matter but she was still angry.

"What the fuck happened tonight, Jelani, it's just me, you can talk to me" she said it in almost a whisper and placed a soft hand in my shoulder

I hated when she used that tone it made me feel like a kid.

"He tried to kiss me and I wasn't bout it"

She was standing walking around looking at the various unfinished painting and sculptures around my room. She touched my sculpture of a rabbit and i resisted the urge to tell her to get out . i hated people seeing my art even my best friend. I knew it was good but i know they would eventually find a flaw and i cant take criticism. constructive or not.

"Love, you know i support you always no matter what sexuality you are"

I rolled my eyes. She clearly wasn't buying what i was telling her.

"I'm not fucking gay, ok? I was drunk. My dick was hard from dancing with Kapri and he kept touching me. I didn't want you to misunderstand so i pushed him. I didn't mean it"

"Tell him that not me. He seemed hurt. Y'all have been getting closer these couple of days maybe he considers you a friend and friends don't do that."

I sighed but nodded.

Nyla was always sappy. She knew exactly what to say and how to say it.

"Kapri is passed out in the hotel. Sin got us a room. I don't really feel like going back tho mind if i stay with you"

I nodded quickly and got into bed cuddling her.

........

I was standing on the curb of the hotel waving bye to Nyla and Kapri as they were heading back to Maryland this morning.

After, I walked in to start my shift with a plan of apologizing to Sin.

I saw Syd at the front desk and walked over messing up her hair. She swatted away my hand and continued her convo with David. They were honestly so toxic. Syd has flirted with every fairly attractive dude that has walked through the hotel doors but she's always accusing David of cheating. But i never say anything cus that's none of my business.

I did a few of my duties but as the time went on I knew i needed to just suck it up and go apologize.

I took the elevator and nervously approached the door. I reached up to knock but before my knuckles connected with the wood the door swung open and a girl walked out confidently wearing 8inch heels her wig was in her hand and she had on a trench coat with probably nothing under. I raised a brow because she clearly had sex but i thougt this man was gay.

I walked in through the door she left open. Sin had his back away from the door playing on the ps5 he bought for his stay.

"your panties are on the nightstand" he yelled over his shoulder probably thinking i was the chick who just left.

"I don't wear panties"

He whipped around to me and walked over and gave me a punch to the stomach.

I groaned trying to play off the fact that that pinch almost brought up my lunch.

"Never call me a fag again in your life" he spat

"I came...to apologize" I said through the pain

"Ok let's hear it"

"I'm so sorry for getting drunk and harassing you only to push you and call you a slur. that was fucked up"

"I don't forgive you" he looked completely serious too.

"I understand" I said in a sad tone he probably wanted me to get out. He had confided in a stranger about his sexuality and with a little Henny in my system i used it against him. I would hate me too . I started to walk out but stopped at what he said next.

"Show me your sorry" He said.