Chapter 11: LA

I landed in LA after a 5 hour flight. I had been sitting next to a snoring old woman who had slept on my shoulder the whole flight. I wanted to push her but her husband begged me to let her sleep and I felt bad. I walked off the plane tired asf and in need of a massage. It was hard being 6'4 on a plane.

I checked my watch it was noon.

I rolled my suitcase towards the exit and my threw my backpack over my shoulder while looking around to see if I saw Stacey who promised to pick me up.

I approached the chaotic exit and pushed through people who were looking around for their loved ones or a cab driver.

Finally I came upon a smiling Stacey holding a sparkly pink welcome sign that said my full government name. "Welcome Home, Jelani Adonis Carter" . I smiled awkwardly as I walked over and she gave me a bear hug. I kept my arms at my sides and I looked over her shoulder towards her white Mercedes and saw my bratty 16 year old step sister Cambria in the passenger seat. I have only met her a few times but it was enough to know she hated my guts for whatever reason and she always had an attitude. She was Staceys child from a previous marriage and she probably hated me simply because she hated my dad.

I rolled my eyes and Stacey must of seen because she gave me an apologetic look. She knew the demon she had in her car was a pain in my ass.

I climbed into the backseat folded my long legs into a somewhat comfortable position.

"Wassup CamCam" I said while reaching over to pull on one of her braids hard.

Without looking up from her phone she reached over and punched me in my balls. I leaned over groaning in pain.

"Wassup JayJay" she said mocking me.

I resisted the urge to unlock the door and push her out as my crotch throbbed in pain.

.........

We arrived to my dads house in about 30 minutes. I grabbed my luggage out the car and followed Stacy and Cam to the door. I hadn't been here in a while and was shocked to see how completely remodeled the house was. Stacey was an interior designer so it was only a matter of time before she bedazzled my childhood home.

Cambria climbed the stairs and slammed her door leaving me with her mother.

"Um your room is the same as how you left it. Im gonna whip up some sandwiches for lunch so come back down whenever you're hungry and then maybe we can head over to the hospital" She smiled softly. I wanted to hate her so bad but she was so nice.

I went to my room and like she said my room was completely the same. My adventure time bed sheets ,my collection of records, my paintings and my many pictures of my mom. I smiled a little before plopping down on my bed and texting Nyla I landed. I then looked at Instagram checking to see if i was still blocked by that bitch ass nigga. Sure enough I was.

As if the universe got off on my frustrations I then heard Cambria singing one of Sin's songs. I groaned before getting up and heading back downstairs.

I ate one of Stacey's sandwiches and we ,including the teenage demon, headed off to the hospital.

We arrived and the nurses pointed us in the direction of my dads room and we walked in. He was sitting up watching TV and sipping from a juice box which he spit out when he saw my face.

"My son in LA? I must be dying and they didn't tell me" his words were slurred which Stacey had warned me was due to the after effects of a stroke

I laughed and walked over to dap him up.

"Yea, your wife called me, I thought you were on your last breath". Stacey seemed a little offended that I referred to her as "your wife" but i didn't care.

"I told her not to call you, im fine really. My face and tongue are temporarily paralyzed but the doctors said its getting better." I looked closely at his face when he talked and noticed it didn't really move just sagged. I was kind of creepy.

" Im glad you came though, you never talk to your old man, you should stay for the summer"

" I dont know dad--"

"Oh Jay that would be so fun. You could help Cammy apply to colleges and we could go shopping and spend time together like a fam--" Stacey chimed in.

My dad knew that the word she was about to say would make me angry and he sent a somewhat discreet pinch to her thigh.

She pouted but shut her mouth.

"Yea ill stay Dad, I got fired so I don't have much going on in Delaware and I want to see if your old self survives"

He gave me a soft punch and laughed.

Him and Stacey began to talk and she was my ride home so i figured id be here for a while.

I walked out the room in hopes of finding a vending machine. Cambria didn't say anything but i know she was following behind me since she didn't want to be in the room with them either.

I turned the corner starting to pick up the pace as I saw a vending machine at the end of the hall. With my eyes narrowed on the machine I didn't see the person and we collided into each other.

"Ugh watch it!"

I resisted the urge to ask the person who the fuck they thought they were talking to and instead spit out a quick apology.

I looked up to see the asshole who knocked into me and it was none other than Eméa Mars.

I glared and I could hear Cam behind me gasp.

"Omg, can i get a picture, im so sorry that ugly man ran into you"

I stuck my middle finger up at her which she ignored as she shoved her phone into my hands so i could take a picture of them. I instead took selfies since she wanted to call me ugly.

She grabbed her phone out of my hands and looked through the pictures angrily while Eméa dusted herself off as if she was a queen who just touched peasants.

"Bro, I said make a left the machine is right the----"

I snapped my head up at the voice and the voice trailed off as they noticed me. Sin stared at me like a deer caught in headlights and I scowled at him. I was getting ready to yell at him letting out the frustrations ive felt in the past 72 hours but was cut off by Cambria's fan girl screams.

Oh god.