Chapter 10: Out

Sin and I have been enjoying our time together. Its been about three weeks and all we do is hang out or chill in the hotel. I also got fired from my job. I honestly wasn't too mad since I hated the job and I was tired of Syd's annoying ass.

It was inspection day last week and that bitch gave me no warning. I had been taking a nap with Sin on the clock and Syd was downstairs showing off and then when my boss asked where I was she told him I never do my work which of course earned her brownie points for being a snitch and earned me a termination letter.

I had thought me and Syd were cool but now that I see how it is i made sure to send a pic to her boyfriends DM of her giving head to some guest in the laundry room. I was tempted to send it to our boss so she could get fired with me but the satisfaction of seeing her cry to David about how it was a mistake was satisfaction enough.

I was on my way over to the hotel and I walked passed Syd's mean mug to head up the elevator to his room like usual, but today she stopped me.

"your lil boyfriend checked out" I stopped and turned around to see her smug face.

She was probably messing with me so I threw up the middle finger and entered the elevator.

I got to his room door and slid in the room key he gave me and walked in like i owned the place as usual.

My heart dropped when I saw a maid spreading the bed while another maid mopped the floor.

"Did um... did the guest check out?"

They nodded at me while continuing their job and I simply punched the wall not leaving a dent because i wasn't about to pay for that.

I stomped angrily into the elevator and then to the front desk to see Sydney smirking. My aggression which I honestly needed to work on came forward and i grabbed a fistful of her shirt and pulled her to me.

"What time?"

She was shaking in fear but still held her smug face.

"2 hours ago"

"Did he leave me a note?"

"Aww were you expecting a love letter from daddy saying bye?" she said with a pouty face.

I pushed her back into her seat as she laughed and started my walk back to my apartment.

I got in and tried to control my anger because I had no idea why I was so angry. I knew he wasn't gonna stay forever but that nigga couldn't say bye.

I grabbed my phone to check his instagram page. Only to see I was blocked.

'What the fuck bruh?"

"Did i do something?"

I tried to recall if I might have offended him or done something last night.

We had been chilling in his bed, no gay shit. We were watching this movie and talking. Then at one point his phone rang and he went into the bathroom to answer it.

I figured it was him mom since he always caught an attitude when she called.

He came back into the room.

"Im kinda tired you should head back to your apartment"

"why cant i sleep here" I said pouting

He laughed and flicked my lip. I got to do some work ill see you tomorrow"

I got up and began to head out. It was always awkward when i had to leave because it felt like those moments when you were supposed to kiss the person goodbye but that would be gay.

I gave an awkward wave and headed out.

So maybe that convo with his mom had something to do with it maybe she wanted him to come home.

I facetimed Nyla and she answered on the second ring.

"Whats up, love?"

"Sin checked out this morning and he blocked me. I don't know what the fuck I did or where he's at. Can you check his story for me?" I rushed out not even bothering to greet her.

"Yea hold up "

She went on pause and soon my phone pinged with 4 attachments from her.

"I sent screenshots of his story"

I opened them up.

First story was of him on an air plane . Second was of him and this girl who I recognized to be Eméa Mars, She was a famous actor in alot of popular shows on Netflix. She was pretty. Every girl wanted to look like her and every guy wanted to be in her. The next story caught me completely off guard as it was of him and her kissing. I grinded my teeth. The last story was of him in the studio with a manicured hand on his thigh.

I hung up on Nyla and threw my phone on the floor.

I don't know why i was so mad. He wasn't cheating on me or anything. Maybe I was just expecting something different. I hated this feeling.

My phone pinged but I ignored it it was probably Nyla wondering why i was salty. It pinged a few more times and i picked it up to see it was not Nyla, it was my step mom. She was always texting me asking how i was doing or if i needed money. She made it hard to hate her but i still did.

I was about to throw my phone to the side again but this time she was calling. I rolled my eyes but answered the call. She had a panicked voice.

"Hey Jay baby, um how are you?"

"Hi Stacey, im fine"

"Ok good good um your father didn't want me to call you but I know you would want to know. He's in the hospital"

I froze. My dad was a deadbeat but if that mother fucker died id be an orphan cus I sure as hell wasn't gonna start calling Stacey mom.

" I got you a plane ticket in case you wanted to come down. Im really scared. He had a stroke and I just need some help" She was almost hyperventilating now.

"Stacey, hey, calm down. " I checked my email and sure enough there was a ticket to LA for tonight.

"Ill be on the plane and ill meet you at the hospital tomorrow"

I couldn't see her but i knew she was nodding and I heard a quit sob before she hung up.

I let out a sigh and rubbed my forehead.

Today fucking sucked.