Chapter 3: Popcorn

Today at work I was on run duty. Run duty was basically tending to the guests and getting whatever they asked for. I hated this. It was as if they knew it was my day on run duty and suddenly everyone needed something.

It started of easy with just requests for towels or an extra spoon or robe. Then it started getting harder. Someone asked me to get their daughters "blankie" out of the backseat of their car. Then another sent me to pick up dry cleaning.

I threw the keys at the valet as I arrived back from the dry cleaners. I sent up the clothes and walked over to where Sydney sat at the main desk answering calls.

"I hate you." I said to her.

When she walked the front door of work this morning i definitely cursed her out about leaving me here to go on a date with David. Her ugly ass boyfriend.

I hated him. I've only been working here 4 days and he's visited her like 30 times. He drops off coffee or flowers at random hours. It was cute the first time but it's getting old.

She chuckled. "You'll hate me more in a sec" She said while handing me a crumpled yellow sticky note.

bring me popcorn. 15A.

I rolled my eyes. Sin.

"Why is it on a sticky note?". Guests usually called and we wrote it in the request book so our boss could keep track of inventory and things.

"I don't know some creep with his face all hidden just came down and then he started asking for you" she said. " I told him you stepped out and he just wrote it down and shoved it at me."

I wanted to bang my head on a wall. Why is he asking for me?

.........

I went into the pantry by the kitchen and grabbed three packs of popcorn.

I entered the elevator nervously wondering why he was asking for me. maybe he wanted to kill me.

I arrived at his door and knocked gently. Sin opened the door then looked me up and down.

"Come in"

I stared at him confused. "i'm still working i just came to drop off the popcorn"

"so you'd rather work than eat popcorn with a famous singer"

yes."i guess not". I said instead and stepped inside.

"So um why didn't you ask sydney to bring you popcorn"

The room was scarily clean. I naturally assumed he would be super messy. everything was in place. Even his suitcase was placed neatly in a corner with all the clothes unit folded neatly. neat freak.

"she's not my type"

what the fuck does that mean?