Chapter 12: Fling

"No fucking way, i think I'm gonna faint!" Cambria screamed.

I rolled my eyes and continued to glare at him. He knew I was mad. He knew he was wrong for not saying anything.

He seemed to recover form his initial shock of seeing me and put on his celebrity face for Cam.

"Wassup shawty, lets take a picture together"

Cambria stared at him with hearts in her eyes and nodded as they took a few pics on her phone. He even let her give herself a shout out on his story. I tried to ignore the warm feeling I got seeing him interact with the little demon.

After they were done taking pictures he said something that caught me so off guard.

"Is this your boyfriend?" He said to her while nodding at me.

Cambria pretended to gag and dramatically shook her head no.

"My brother". Although Cambria hated me she has never called me "step-brother", only brother. I think she's secretly always wanted an older brother.

His mouth fell into an O shape before Eméa cleared her throat reminding us she was there.

"Oh my bad, um this is my g-girlfriend Eméa and Eméa this is my um this is Jelani. The hotel staff I was telling you about" he cringed at himself as he got done with that shaky sentence.

I raised my brow at him. I was just hotel staff to him. Is he for real?

"Oh you're Jelani. He's talked so much about you he said you were the best maid he's ever had." She said. I don't know if she said that shit to be funny or if he actually told her I was his maid but my blood was boiling.

At this point my fists were shaking as they clenched and unclenched. Sin had an unrecognizable expression and i just wanted to punch it.

Cambria sliced the tension by asking the question i was curious about as well.

"So why are you guys at the hospital, are you guys ok?"

"Oh yeah everything's good. My drummer, Angel, he found out he was allergic to weed last night. We been here all morning."

Cambria laughed a little but nodded.

"Is he awake can I meet him?"

I sent a punch to her shoulder.

"The man is in the hospital you can't just walk up on him and ask for an autograph."

Eméa and Sin laughed.

"Yeah you can meet him come on"

Sin grabbed Eméa's hand and walked in front leading the way.

I needed a blunt right about now.

We walked into the room and to my surprise Angel was young he looked about Cambria's age.

"Yo, Angel this is Cambria she wants to meet you"

Angel sat up and his eyes went wide.

"What the fuck man, am I dying? yall brought me a pretty girl so i don't die a virgin"

I raised my brow as I watched Cam blush at this corny nigga.

Everyone began talking and Eméa started to be friendly with Cam so I grabbed Sin's wrist and pulled him out the room.

We walked into an empty room and I closed the blinds and locked the doors.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going?" I started.

"I don't have to report everything to you"

"Nah you don't but if i was going across the country I would tell you and only reason I found out is cus my dad had a stroke."

"Oh is your dad ok--"

"Stop tryna change the subject. We were cool and then we weren't. you blocked me and everything" At this point I was getting annoyed.

"I ain't mean to but there was a lot going on I had to come back. You know im going on tour in a few days"

"Nah you came back for your girlfriend." I spat

"Oh thats what this is about. You jealous?" He smiled and took a step closer.

"Im not fucking gay but you cant just go around kissing people, cuddling them, seeing them everyday and then just leave and post up with a girlfriend"

"Ok but non of that meant anything we were just having fun" He came closer and placed a hand on my waist. He was an inch or two shorter than me so I stared down at him. I only knew him for a month or two but he would never say anything as wild as that. I was praying he was drunk or high or both.

"What if it meant something to me?" I whispered. It was as if the reason I had been angry this whole time was finally coming to light. I wanted to be around him.

He smiled a little before reaching up and kissing my lips. I kissed him back missing the feeling. I reached around to grab onto his body but he smacked my hand and stepped back.

"It cant mean anything. We were just chilling" He said like he was trying to convince himself and me. "Im with Eméa and i'm not about to change that for some guy. You not gay and I cant be gay."

He tried to kiss me again as if he wasn't just telling me he was using me as his summer fling. I walked out the door and slammed it in his face because i knew he was following behind me.

There standing in front of the door was a wide eyed Cam. Who im guessing heard the whole convo. I rolled my eyes at her.

"My mom said she's ready to go" Im glad she wasn't gonna speak on what she heard and I followed her out the hospital doors.