12. ...snow, not so much

Ink giggled as he trailed his left hand on the purple wall. Error's eye twitched. Why couldn't this moron be quiet?! He had to "ooh" and "aah" at everything, be it a leaf, the water, or even the puzzle switches, and couldn't go five seconds without touching something, regardless of whether it was safe or not.

 He almost got impaled by spikes already, twice.

His only hope for survival was Blue, who had an iron grip on his right hand and didn't let him wander around or stop for too much time, though the other wasn't much better: he also sometimes stopped to touch something with a nostalgic look in his eyes, and that made him agreeable to Ink's stupid suggestions, like getting candy from the candy bowl.
As if giving sugar to that scatterbrain idiot was a good idea!

Fortunately, Error wasn't swayed by his cute puppy dog eyes, and was quick to get the group back on track: honestly, these two were lucky to have him as their leader, without him this whole thing would have over before it even began! The Destroyer had a prideful smile at the thought, that was quickly replaced by a frown as he realized he only had himself to blame for being in this situation.

"Look! Cheese! And a save point!" Ink pointed toward the table with the cheese stuck on it and the adjacent save point. He caressed the gold star, but after a few moments Blue pulled him back and said, tired: "Ink, for the last time, we don't have time to play games, there's nothing there."

This was another weird thing about the Creator: like him, he could see the fundamental code of the AU, and he had never found anyone who wasn't a Frisk (or a Chara) who could. He wasn't sure how to feel about that.

Ink made an adorable pout, while his pupils changed to two purple diamonds, and let himself be dragged away in silence.

For five seconds.

"Hey that's Mettablook's place!" He took one of the leaves from the ground and put it in front of his face, crossing his pupils, now back to their default star/blue dot combo, to see it better. "Pretty!" He then put it in his satchel, with the other dozens of flowers, pebbles and leaves he picked up along the way.

Error sighed. This journey was going to be long.

===============

How exciting! They were at the exit of the Ruins! Blue didn't let Ink touch anything inside Asgore's house, because he said it'd be rude to snoop and make a mess. Ink thought Asgore wouldn't have noticed or cared if Ink sat on the sofa, or read one of the books or jumped on the bed, but Blue and Error both put their foot down (metaphorically, they didn't even stop when they were inside, quickly going down the stairs to reach the door).

Ink was a bit red (angry, Blue said the feeling was anger), but not much, because they were about to see a whole new place: the Snowdin Forest! He had always wanted to feel the snow, and after feeling grass, and leaves, and stone, and water (he had stumbled in the river), and floor, he couldn't wait.

Error was in front of the door, and he had his hands on it, but wasn't opening it. Why was he waiting now, after yelling at Ink to hurry? It wasn't fair!

"Stop being a cat and open the door!" Ink yelled, copying what Error told him before when he didn't want to go inside the portal. That'd show him, Ink too could tell the others what to do!
Blue snorted and put a hand over his mouth to block his laughter (though Ink didn't understand why, when Error did it Blue looked always mad; he was happy his friend was happy regardless), while Error just glanced at them and pushed the door open.

Oh stars.

It was very white.

Ink gripped Blue's hand tighter, and started breathing a bit faster (again, why? Skeletons didn't need to breathe, why did he feel the need to do something useless at the most inconvenient times and then felt awful when he couldn't do it? Why did it keep happening? How could he make it stop?). His friend turned his skull toward him.
"Ink, everything okay?"
"There's a lot of white."
"It's the snow. Don't worry."