Oneshot - Orange and Blue morality

Ink, Blue and Dream were inside the Doodlesphere, more specifically seated on big cushions around a table, which Ink had created just for the occasion.

"Four! One, two, three, four! A ladder!" Ink's pupils changed to a yellow star and an orange exclamation point, making his pawn move on the board.

"Oh come on!" Blue pretended to be angry, but Dream could feel his amusement seeping through. "You're cheating, that's your third ladder in a row!" He crossed his arms and made an exaggerated pout. Ink looked confused for a moment, his pupils two green and blue question marks, before they changed again, to a dark pink disc and an orange exclamation mark, and the artist smirked.

"Well maybe you're just bad at it!"
"Bad at rolling a die?" Blue's amusement grew, and he started losing his composure, his mouth twisting in an effort to stop his laughter. Dream decided to interviene.

"Now Blue," he made sure his tone was appropriately haughty "everyone has their strengths and weaknesses." His friend started visibly shaking. "Just because you suck at rolling dice-" Blue's hilarity spiked and he started laughing. Ink snickered.

Dream smiled softly: the initial uneasiness he felt with Ink's lack of aura was completely gone now, and the positive Guardian was just content to have fun with his two friends.

Ink suddenly perked up, his pupils becoming a yellow star and a blue disc, and said: "Good idea!". He got up and put his hand inside his pocket, taking out his new phone. He then took his brush from its holster, holding it with one arm in a side hug, posing for the selfie. After he was done, he started fumbling a bit, so Dream came nearer.

"Need some help? Stars, you have no idea how hard it was for me to adjusts to phones and technology."
The artist turned to him and smiled.
"Yes, please!"

Dream took Ink's phone in his hands; the selfie was kinda blurry.
"What do you want to do?"
"I wanted to send Error a photo, to show him what we're doing!" Ink's pupils changed to a yellow star and a pink heart, and Dream busied himself with the phone to avoid responding.

Ink's soulmate made him uncomfortable: unlike Reaper, who didn't want to be defined by his role, Error seemed to enjoy destroying and to despise everyone and everything, with few notable exceptions, and Dream was pretty sure he was not included.
When he had arrived in the Doodlesphere, after Blue had explained the situation, the Destroyer had been standoffish: his aura was full of guilt, jealousy, anger and resentment, and before leaving he had threatened Dream with... frankly disturbing things if he let Ink or Blue get hurt on his watch.

Dream shivered at the memory, but Ink didn't seem to notice, and the positive Guardian was happier this way.

"Do you want to write a text, too?"
"Yes!"
"What are you doing?" Blue said, moving to Ink's other side and looking at the phone with curiosity.
"We're writing to Error." Ink answered. "Broomie suggested it!"

Ah, the brush. Blue had mentioned that it was Ink's imaginary friend, but it was still a bit unnerving; that was something Dream would have to get used to. His friend was nonplussed.

"Oh, did it?"
"Yes!" Ink then lowered his voice and whispered: "Even if he wanted to get away, I know Error misses me, so this will cheer him up!"
Blue started feeling fondness.
"That's very thoughtful." he then looked at Dream. "And you were helping him?"
"Yes. Dictate away, Ink!"
"Uh..." Ink's pupils turned into an orange disc and a green spiral, while his expression became pensive. He then blinked and his pupils changed to a blue disk and a yellow star.

"What are we doing?"
Dream became confused, while he could feel a twinge of exasperation from Blue, who answered: "You wanted to write to Error."
"Oh right! Write..." Ink twisted his mouth a bit. "What do you write in messages?"
"How about just 'Having fun'?"
"Sure! Oh oh!" Ink grabbed his shoulders and lightly shook him. "Add the funny faces! Lots of them!"
"Done. Is this okay?" Dream turned the phone toward Ink, who leaned in inches away from the screen.
"It's very pretty! Thanks!"