18. Now we're only falling apart

Ink didn't feel like burning anymore.

He stopped seeing red and his vision cleared: he hadn't realized, but now that it was back to normal he wondered how, it was pretty obvious, then again, Ink was pretty oblivious, it was normal for him to not notice a lot of-

"Ink! Are you back to normal?"
Case in point, Blue was calling him and he was distracted.
"Uh, yes! At least I think, wasn't I normal before?"

Blue sighed with relief and said: "Good."
Another thing he hadn't noticed was that he was trapped in Error's strings (the nicest shade of blue, very glossy), up in the air. How did that happen?
"Hey Error, can you let me go?"
"ภσ.(No.)"
Error was looking at the ground, clenching one fist, his voice was completely flat. He was glitching a bit. Blue looked at him with something like sadness (but not quite) in his eyes.

"Err-"
"ภᗝ!(NO!)" His glitching spiked and he glared at Blue, but also kinda looked like he wanted to cry? Weird expression. "ι şA𝐢𝓭 ι Ⓦσ𝕌𝔩𝓭Ň't 𝕂𝐢𝔩𝔩 𝓱𝐢爪, ᵇ𝕌t ι'爪 Ňσt 𝔩Ett𝐢ŇG 𝓱𝐢爪 Gσ 𝕌Ňt𝐢𝔩 ⓌE GEt AŇşⓌEяş Aᵇσ𝕌t t𝓱At!(I said I wouldn't kill him, but I'm not letting him go until we get answers about that!)" and pointed behind Ink, so he tried to turn and see but couldn't "AŇ𝓭 t𝓱𝐢ş!(And this!)" and now he was pointing at him, at his-

Oh.

Ink hoped, with everything he had, that his friends wouldn't care, like in the shows and movies he could sometimes see in the AUs various televisions. "Of course we don't care that you're different. We're friends, and we love you." (It also happened in many AUs, that's what always happened to the human that fell down, was it that crazy to think it could happen to him too?).
But that would mean that They were wrong, and Ink wasn't sure They could be. So he decided to ignore the problem, and tried to act normal.

"Can you let me down at least? My arms are getting tired." He wiggled a bit.

Error roughly pulled him down, making him fall.
"Error! Stop it!"
The other just scoffed.

Ink turned around as much as he could, and saw that some zones of the ground were completely white, while others were faded and pale. He also saw the three skeletons they were fighting before, tied up in Error's strings and put against the wall of the Lab: they didn't look so good.

He felt a jerk, and Error turned him back toward him, angry.
"𝕎E𝔩𝔩? 𝓂𝐢Ň𝓭 E𝐗p𝔩A𝐢Ň𝐢ŇG A𝔩𝔩 σⓕ t𝓱At?!(Well? Mind explaining all of that?!)"
"All of what?"
"รtσp p𝔩A𝕪𝐢ŇG 𝓭𝕌爪ᵇ! 𝕎E ⓌAŇt t𝓱E tя𝕌t𝓱!(Stop playing dumb! We want the truth!)" The strings tightened.
"Error, he was obviously out of control, it's possible he really doesn't remember." Blue was making a soothing voice, and Ink felt like when they had first met, with Error always angry at him for whatever reason, and Blue trying to be nice and calm him down.

The black skeleton frowned harder, and started to explain, in an objective tone: "千𝐢ŇE. үσ𝕌 ⓌEŇt 𝓬яA𝓏𝕪. үσ𝕌 AᵇşσяᵇE𝓭 t𝓱E 𝓬σ𝔩σя ⓕяσ爪 t𝓱E Gяσ𝕌Ň𝓭 şσ爪E𝓱σⓌ, AŇ𝓭 ᵇE𝓬A爪E A𝓬t𝐢ŇG 𝔩𝐢𝕂E A яAᵇ𝐢𝓭 AŇ𝐢爪A𝔩. үσ𝕌 A𝔩爪σşt 𝕂𝐢𝔩𝔩E𝓭 t𝓱σşE t𝓱яEE. ภσⓌ, tA𝔩𝕂!(Fine. You went crazy. You absorbed the color from the ground somehow, and became acting like a rabid animal. You almost killed those three. Now, talk!)"

Ink blinked a couple of times. Absorbing color? Going crazy? Nothing like that had ever happened to him before. Or did it? He felt something like a forgotten memory coming back to his mind, something that happened when he first arrived in the Doodlesphere, something They told him to do, the reason why he put barriers around the AUs, so that he wouldn't touch them directly, otherwise he'd-