21. Empty husk

White.

The space on the other side of the portal was completely white, the floor, the walls, the ceiling, and so Ink stopped moving and started having trouble breathing.

Was this is punishment for lying to his friends? To lose them and get stuck in the white again? (Till he forgot his friends, his home, himself, stuck forever and ever and-)

The Creator felt himself being jerked forward.

He opened his eyes (when had he closed them?) and looked at the chest of his jailer (Sans 04F04S17): he had a black armor, so he could look at it and not get scared.

"Move. The king is waiting."

Ink could only concentrate on the black armor, otherwise he'd lose it completely, so he let himself be dragged around.
He started to feel tired, and sluggish. He obviously couldn't see it, but his pupils were becoming paler.

The place was a little less white now, there were people and destroyed buildings around, and Ink knew he should feel bad, because he was in enemy territory, all alone (Error didn't want him, he had handed him over, because he was bad, and a liar, and a faker, he should have never gotten out-), but the relief from the white was too great for him to think about everything else.

Some people around stopped to stare at them, so Ink smiled at them, but they either frowned or smiled in a way that made him feel small and helpless (maybe because now he was small and helpless), so he just kept looking at the black armor.

They were going inside a black (not white!) tent, and there was color all around him, so Ink felt calm enough to try Blue's (Blue still wanted him, but he couldn't help him, Error wouldn't let him, he'd never see him again-) breathing trick. 

In.
Out.
In.
Out.

"Hello."

Ink blinked a couple of times, and looked around: Sans 04F04S17 was at his side, and there were some monsters from different AUs (Ink instantly recognized a few) standing to attention, but the one who had spoken was a black monster on a throne in the center of the tent, holding his chin in his right hand. That must be... oh, what was his name again? Blue told him, and he wrote it down, but with his arms bound he couldn't check his scarf; he was pretty sure it had something to with how he looked, something like... Darkmare? Blackmare?

"You must be the Creator." Oh, he was talking to him.
"And you're... Goopmare?" It sounded kinda right.

Goopmare sat up straight and looked unsure, while some people present started smiling in a weird way, like something was about to jump from their mouth, and Sans 04F04S17 trembled and let out a high-pitched yelp.

Suddenly, all the people around slouched and looked sad for no reason? Goopmare stood up from his throne and glared at him.
"My name" oops, he sounded mad "is Nightmare."
"Sorry?"

He then started walking slowly toward Ink and smiled, but his smile didn't make Ink want to smile back, like with Error and Blue (no more, no more-). It made him want to hide.
"I must admit, I didn't believe it when the Captain told me you were soulless, but it seems to be the case. I cannot feel any emotions coming from you, any at all. And you weren't affected by my attack just now" he gestured to the room with his appendages (some would say they were tentacles, but they would be wrong, Ink knew that from watching Oceantale, tentacles had suction cups, these didn't, maybe he should stop thinking about that and pay attention-).

He stopped directly in front of him. "It would be interesting to study you, but unfortunately I can't let you live."

Ink felt a sharp pain in his rib cage, and when he looked down he saw one of Nightmare's appendages pierce it straight through: he could feel his body trying  to repair itself, so it was no big deal, but it still hurt. He looked back at Nightmare.
"Now that's just rude."