Avi and Izza's Talk

"What are you doing here?" biglang pagtayo ni Gray nang makita ang isang hindi inaasahang bisita.

Nandito kami sa reception namin ngayon at nagkakasiyahan kami nang may mahagip ang mga mata ko. Si Izza. kung kaya't sinabi ko ito kay Gray.

"I-I just want to t-talk to her. I won't do anything b-bad." utal utal niyang sagot.

"You want to talk to my wife? Baka saktan mo pa sya!" I can see rage in his eyes. That's why I interfered.

"Gray, stop." I warned him when he stepped one foot forward. Nakita ko ang takot sa mga mata ni Izza nang nakita niya rin ang pag-abante ni Gray.

"I-I'm s-sorry." nanginginig pa rin ang boses nya nang sabihin ito.

"Let's talk outside." I decided and walked towards the garden of the reception.

"Aviva, why are you doing her a favor? Let her be eaten by her guilt and conscience on what she did." pagsunod sa akin ni Gray.

"Did your mother teach you to be vengeful?" tanong ko na nakapagpatahimik sa kanya, "And don't follow us. Mag-uusap lang kami. Tanawin mo na lang kami mula rito. Stay there, I'm warning you." hindi na rin sya nakaalma kahit alam kong gustong gusto nya.

Buti na lang ay walang tao nang makarating kami sa tapat ng fountain.

"Talk." I didn't mean to sound harsh but can you blame me? When I see her face, I remember the lost years we had. I just don't want to be something I hate, which is to be a non-forgiving person because I believe that I'm only making myself suffer from the hatred.

"I won't deny what I have done because it's the truth. I just want to apologize to both of you but I know he wouldn't even listen to what I will say because he's really mad. I know that a simple sorry won't make up with the years that's lost for your family but I hope there's a part in your heart that'll forgive me. I'm sorry, I was just blinded by a promise." nakatungo nyang simula na tila ba hiyang hiya para tumingin sa mga mata ko.

When she realized that I won't be talking, she continued, "I know it's petty but when Ashton and I were children, we made a promise that we will get married when the right time comes. Alam ko na kahit bata pa lang ako noon, totoo na ang nararamdaman ko sa kanya."

"And when I moved to France in high school, I held to that promise. You know? I'm always updated on what's happening here even though I'm in France. The distance didn't make my feelings for him fade. In fact, it made it even stronger and I don't know why. I even knew about you."

"About me?" That's all I could say. I know that this is her time to talk and I'll give her that.

"Yeah, about you. The girl he's so whipped about. I tried to ignore it at first because I thought that you're just a phase. But when three years had passed and you're still together, I became worried. The thought that was running through my head that time is our promise. Akala ko kapag nakita nya ulit ako, malilinawan sya sa tunay nyang nararamdaman. Umuwi ako pero ano? Noong nasa harapan nya na ako, huminto lang sya para tanguan ako at dali dali syang tumakbo dahil pupuntahan ka nya. I was so devastated that time, Av. that's why I plotted my revenge. I was so clouded with my rage that I did all those things." nakikita ko ang mga luhang bumabagsak sa sahig habang nakatungo siya.

"I know my faults now, Avi. I know that you won't forgive me for what I have done but I want to talk. I want to let you know these things, call it becoming clean but I want to move on. And the only thing I know for me to move forward is apologizing and sharing my unreasonable reasons. I'm very sorry for what I caused to your family. I was just in love." and then I know she cannot take it anymore because I heard her sobs. I let her cry for a while before I talked.

"Nothing is ever wrong in loving, Izza. You can love anyone but the things you do for love are not always right. I'm forgiving you not for you but for myself. I also want to move forward and holding grudges won't do any good. I hope our paths won't cross again soon and I also hope the best for you because we all deserve that despite what we've done. Good bye, Izza." I said with finality and left her in the garden to go straight to Gray's arms.

Sinalubong ako ni Gray, "Are you okay? What did she tell you? Are you stressed? The doctor said you shouldn't be stressed, Aviva Lorelei." hindi na siya magkandaugaga sa mga pinagsasasabi nya.

"I'm okay, you don't need to worry so much. Nakita mo naman kaming nag-uusap mula sa malayo at okay lang ako." I smiled at hinila ko na siya papasok sa loob.

Tuluyan na naming iniwan si Izza na mag-isa sa garden. When I said that I hope the best for her, I'm genuine about it. Because I believe that no one deserves less. We are people, we all make mistakes how big or small it is, it's still a mistake. I hope that she'll find her happiness that will bring out the best of herself.

"Mr. Pandejas," I called his attention, "You shouldn't make promises na hindi mo naman tutuparin. We cannot control fate but we can control the words that come out from our mouths. Less promises, more actions. Is that clear?"

"Yes, ma'am." He didn't question me at all. Simula noong nalaman niyang buntis ulit ako, hindi na yata niya alam ang salitang 'hindi' sa akin.

"I love you, Gray." I clung to his arms tightly.

"You are the woman that made me complete. Mahal na mahal kita, Aviva." he kissed my temple as we heard our children approaching us.

How could I ask for more if I already have everything that I wanted?

-

Hi! I hope you're feeling great :)) if not, it's okay. Hindi naman parating sunny day, just remember to be yourself and feel what you want to feel. There's nothing wrong on whatever you feel, the things you do because of it is the one which might be not right. 

Always remember to be kind because your kindness may save a life.