TWENTY FOUR

"Wake up Arabella, it's your favourite day of the year. Match day." I roll my eyes and pull my blanket back over my head, I was so over match day, as much as I liked football all the losing wasn't good for my competitive spirit.

"I quit." I say making Kie laugh, "you can't quit, Lizzie would go mental if we both left the team." That gets me up, "you're quitting the team?" I ask my mouth agape as I stare at my sister who shrugs in a nervous manner.

"Yeah, I'm just not feeling it this year." She says making my brows furrow as I pull her to sit beside me, "are you ok?" Kiara had been acting really odd recently and I put it down to her being happy with her boyfriend but now I wasn't sure.

"Fine, I just don't want to play this year, it's a giant waste of time." I nod knowing that if something was bothering her she would tell me, "I agree which is why I want to drop it too, especially if you are."

"Well unfortunately for you, you never get up early so I beat you to it." It's not my fault she was a freak who loved to get up at the crack of dawn, if I could sleep a day away, I would with no hesitation.

"Does this have anything to do with that boy you were telling me about?" She asks making me roll my eyes, "no Sebastian made it clear that he did not want me to look for him, I'm not going to embarrass myself again by ignoring him and then having him reject me, I can take a hint."

"Ok well are you at least excited to see that human boy?" She laughs as my face lights up, "I forgot Ethan would be playing against us this year."

"Say what you will but you so love him." I push her and her smug face away from me, "shut up, I do not, just because you finally love someone."

***

"As you are well aware, it's time for the annual American football match with Mystic Falls High." I really hated the new headmaster he was such a creep, I hated being around him.

"Great."

"Today, you will not be forced to lose a game so that humans can feel superior. Every one of you is special. Every one of you. And it's time you showed it." I am intrigued by this and so I sit up as everyone claps wanting to know what he was going to say.

"How?"

"By using your powers in moderation, Ms. Parker. The goal is not exposure, merely to win. Think of it as an exercise in control." Cool, I was actually pretty excited for this.

"Well, I am here for it. After last year, it'll feel really good to show those Timberwolves what we're all about." Kaleb says making me nod in agreement.

"And who better to lead you in this endeavor, as your quarterback, than our own Landon Kirby?" Everyone else applauds but I see the way he fumbles the catch, and knowing that it was actually Hope who destroyed malivore and not him, really didn't instil me with confidence for his skills.

***

I was on MG's back as we waited for the timberwolves to show up, everyone else was stretching and what not. "You wanna get down now?" He asks turning his head slightly to try and face me, "nah thanks Milton, I'm good." I say making him chuckle as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"What's taking them so long? I'm already tired." I complain making him laugh, "the games not even started yet."

The bus finally pulls up as Landon practices a throw, we're all shocked once it hits the bus door and cracks the glass. "What the hell." Both MG and I say in unison as we glance at Landon who looked pleasantly surprised himself.