THIRTY SIX

My mom packed up her stuff and was getting ready to leave the school. No one knew how long she was gonna be gone but no one wanted her to leave. She was loved by everyone at this school and it broke her heart to leave all the kids, she truly loved everyone too but she said she couldn't stay here and see Alaric everyday.

I was going with them, I didn't wanna impose on my parents reunion but with the heartbreak of losing Sebastian, the heavy weight of my fractured mind and the complete overwhelming amount of confusion mixed with pain and a whole lot of other stuff that came with me having turned. My parents didn't leave me much of a choice.

Mom and dad were gonna teach me how to be a vampire/ heretic so that I wouldn't be a danger to others. I personally didn't think I was a danger but this was just to make sure.

"Why aren't you coming with us? All you've ever wished for was to meet dad and you're just gonna stay behind?" I ask my sister in disbelief she was staying at the school.

"Well yeah but we can't all just abandon Hope and you have to go because you're all... buffy-"

"Buffy was the vampire slayer."

"Same thing, anyways with you all undead, you need to go and I think we should get separate time alone with dad, you just get yours first and then we should switch. Plus mom needs time with him so I'm ok staying for now. I waited all these years I think I can wait a little more yeah?"

"If you're sure." She nods surely and then take a step to hug me before I quickly step back. "Sorry, just... the blood, you know?" She nods sharply this time and steps back herself. Ok well I guess maybe I was a bit of a danger to people seeing how I was having slight issues with the whole bloodlust thing.

I hadn't fed off of anyone though!

"MG!" I'm so insanely glad to see him, I hadn't been allowed to see anyone yet, not since my breakdown last night and once Kiara had come back to our room she had to leave because of the whole bloodlust thing, she snuck in this morning when dad couldn't control his unusually large appetite.

I try and zoom to him only to miss a few steps and slam into the wall before hitting the ground. "Don't laugh at me!" I complain as I hear my sister and best friend try terribly to hide their laughter.

"We're not." Mg lies terribly as he helps me off the ground. "Look it just takes a little getting used to and you like to make a point of being good at everything so I'm sure you'll learn quickly." I nod and smile at him in appreciation, "thanks Mg."

"Anytime."

"I wanted to come see you as soon as I heard but you were on lockdown." I nod before he wraps his arms around me. "I'm so sorry that you died, I feel like it's all my fault." I hear him sniffle and I shake my head, "no, no Mg this isn't your fault. I ran away with Sebastian I was stupid enough to fall in love with him. You didn't do anything wrong." I assure him as he holds me tight.

"I'm sorry, I'm supposed to be comforting you and here I am." I laugh and shake my head as I pull away, "it's alright Milton, I don't need comforting."

"I don't know if you know, but I have to go. With my parents." He looks shocked, "why? You should be here at the school with us."

"Mg I'm having craving issues, and my parents are gonna teach me how to deal with all of this." He nods remembering that my mom was leaving, my mom helped any struggling vampires or any vampires fresh from their transition so she'd be the best person to teach me and my dad was actually a heretic so he could help in ways my mother couldn't.

"Come back soon ok?" I nod halfheartedly not really sure I wanted to. "I'll try, but mom said because of my... issues it could take a really long time."