THIRTY ONE

"You lied to me? You told me that Sebastian chose to leave the school." I say my eyes narrowing at the man who I had trusted completely, that trust becoming weaker by the moment.

"I said he made his choice.He refused to respect our rules." I scoff at his reply, "I don't care about your technicality. Why did you send him here?"

"He had help. There was a witch who did the spell. Dark hair, kind eyes. Amazing accent."

"Emma."
"How could you, Dad?" Lizzie asks for me as I stare at him in betrayal. "You can all yell at me after we arm ourselves." He says, "Dad, why do we need weapons so bad?" Josie asks. "All you need to know is that we're in danger, and we need to find a way out now."

"We're in a new world now. Perhaps you are no longer the one in charge." Sebastian say as he stands in front of uncle Ric. Who suddenly plunges a stake into Sebastians stomach. "To be clear, my family and I are leaving, you are staying behind and yes, I am in charge." He lets Sebastian's body drop before he just walks off.

Josie running after him, "do you think Alyssa sent my mom here too?" Kie asks Lizzie as I run forward to Sebastian and help remove the stake from him.

***

"I'm so sorry, Sebastian." I say as I lead him over to the couch so he could sit and heal. "You are not responsible for your uncles overreactions." He says asks as I sit on the table across from him. "What did you do to upset him so much?" I ask confused. "He wanted to keep me away from you." He says leaving me speechless. "I'm glad you're here. Circumstances aside. But we should not stay here."

"Don't worry. When we find a way out of here, you're coming with us." I tell him honestly, I wouldn't leave him behind like that. "You you misunderstand me. I meant this house. This town. There's a whole world out there, Arabella. We have an entire planet to ourselves. So come with me and experience it. Just for one day. Hmm?" It sounded tempting but if my dad was really here then- "We can't. My dad-"

"Your uncle lied to you. Again. Trust me there is no one else here." I felt unsure, "are you sure, my dad isn't here?"

"There is no one my love, I've been here long enough to know that." He seemed sincere so I allow a smile to break onto my face and take his open hand.

***

Sebastian removes the blindfold from my face to show me a beautiful mansion fit for a princess. "Do you like it?" He asks making me turn to smile at him, "Good. 'Cause it's yours." We enter the house to find a beautiful blue dress laid out.

"Because you said Cinderella was your favourite princess, I think it fit you get to be a princess for the day." He says making me grin and turn to hug him.

***

We dance around the room like just like in the movie I had forced him to watch with me. "Thank you. This has already been one of the most amazing days of my life." I say to him making him smile softly at me. "I don't want it to end." I whisper to him as we stop. "Perhaps it doesn't have to."

"We have to go back at some point. My family will be looking for me. We can convince my uncle that he was wrong about you. He just needs time."

"That's not going to work, I'm afraid. Because I'm not going back. I wish to remain in this world and I want you to stay with me." Well that was surprising.

We don't say anything on the topic further, instead we decide to go on a walk outside. "It's so quiet." I say as I listen to the silence, it was so suddenly from home. "Mm-hmm. This is what it was like every day in my time. Things were peaceful, unhurried. I miss it. But when you have my hearing, the modern world is terribly noisy. In fact, the only thing I like about it is you."

"Sebastian, I can't stay." I tell him surely, I did not want to stay here even with him it'd still be an awful prison. "Okay. Think, think about this Vienna, Beijing, Florence. You can wear the crown jewels and live in Versailles. This world belongs only to us."

"It's not that simple. I have a family that I love, and you won't age. I wasn't banished to this world, so I will." I say to him but he doesn't seem phased. "I have a solution for that. Allow me to turn you into a vampire." No, I didn't want that. I didn't want to be a vampire.

"Have you nothing to say? Or does your silence mean that you've already made a decision?" Sebastian and I were sat back inside by the fire. I was leaning into his chest and he had his arms wrapped around me. "Yes. I've decided. I don't want to be vampire, at least I don't think I do. I've thought about becoming a vampire. Of course I've thought about it. If I did, I wouldn't outlive my mom, and my skin would stay flawless forever." I say before taking a pause.

"But I also wouldn't be able to have kids. I couldn't grow old with someone. And I don't even know if those are things that I want. But I know that I'm not ready to be one, not yet at least. I can't make this decision until I'm sure." I tell him.

"I was afraid that you would say that. So it's time that you knew that what I'm offering isn't a choice." I laugh at what he just said nervously. "Yes, it is. - I'm not gonna drink vampire blood." I tell him surely. "You already have." My blood runs cold as I look at him, I glance down at my drink and then back up at him. "Sebastian what have you done?" I ask him in disbelief. "What I had to to keep you safe."

I get up immediately backing away from him, "no. Sebastian no, how could you?" He doesn't move as I run towards the door, I don't stop running as I leave the house and try to get away from him, before he kills me and turns me.

I gasp through my tears as he appears in front of me, "Arabella, you must listen to reason. I would never do anything to hurt you.You must believe me." I fight against his grip. "Let me go!"

"Please listen to me! Please. Please. I once cared for a witch who died in front of me. She didn't have a chance to become immortal, but you do. I am trying to help you, but if you cannot see that, then I must make the choice for you, because I love you too much. Can you hear that? I love you, and I will not lose you again, Cassandra." We both go still and silent as he calls me that, he didn't love me. He was using me as a replacement for the person he once did love.

"Arabella. I meant Arabella." I had to get away from him, I did not want to be stuck here with him as a vampire. He stares at me desperately and I can't think of a way he'll let me go. So I grab his face to pul him forwards in a kiss, only to lower his defences and siphon him until he desiccates.

"Yeah this isn't working out." I mutter as he hits the ground unanimated but feeling relived knowing that I would be able to keep my mortality. If he'd been lying to me about this he probably lied about my dad, there were other people here and I had wasted all this time whilst Kie was getting to know him.

I had to go back to the others, they could've actually been in danger like uncle Ric had said and I didn't want them to leave without me, thinking I had chosen to stay.

I find a car to borrow, I glance back at Sebastian on the ground unsure if I wanted to just leave him here. I didn't know how I felt properly right now and with him desiccated I was in control of bringing him back so I suppose there was no harm in bringing him back.

I drive as fast as I possible can, which is pretty easy seeing as there are no other cars around, I'm just desperate to get back to them. I grin once I finally see the mystic falls sign in sight knowing that I was close. My brows furrow once the car suddenly acts as though it has a life of its own and the wheel turns. I yell in surprise and try to fix it but, the car crashes harshly making everything fade to black.