ᴛ ʜ ʀ ᴇ ᴇ

You know the townies wouldn't even be that bad if they just treated us normally, I had no idea why they loved to harass us, it's not like we ever did anything to them

"Hey girls remember to just have fun." Mom tells Kaiara and I who share a glance, "Mom we never have fun at these matches." I tell her as Kaiara nods, "you know I don't get why we have to lose every year." Kaiara says, "like if we just played normally without any special help, what would be the problem? Like do you not think it's more suspicious that we're supposed to be this super fancy school filled with rich kids meaning we'd have awesome equipment and the money to train so we should be at least decent at sports but we suck really bad?" My eyebrows raise as do moms because Kaiara was spitting facts, I mean she was right and we had spoke about this.

"Well I mean, I don't know, I don't see the problem and everything you said made sense but I am not on charge of the school and so we have to do what uncle Ric says." She shrugs, "can we not just play realistically though? Like it's so mortifying being so unbelievably awful." I ask. Kaiara and I were pretty good at football because sheriff Donovan used to be the quarterback when he was in high school and he was friends with my mom so he taught us. "I mean as long as you guys lose I don't see the problem, knock yourselves out, and maybe knock that Dana girl down a peg." She winks making us grin, I hated Dana so much, she was so awful, full of herself and bitchy for no reason, she also kinda reminded me of Alyssa Chang and I didn't like her either.

The first half was awful for us, my teammates were playing so bad I hadn't even gotten the ball once yet, Dana was being annoyingly smug and I really just wanted to wipe it from her face. I rolled my eyes in annoyance as that Connor kid pushed Kaleb down for no reason and decided to push him right back, I smirked and held a hand out for Kaleb as Connor fell to the ground, "you should watch where your going." I tell Connor sweetly as Kaleb grinned taking my hand.

"All right, I just want to take a minute to let you know how proud I am." Lizzie tells us as we huddle,
"You're all doing a great job." I roll my eyes, "We're getting our asses kicked." Kaleb protests he was the only other person who had as much of a problem with this than I did. "Which means we're doing a great job." I was gonna play the hell out of this stupid game now, "What's the play?" I sigh what was even the point of asking? "Same one as always. Run around, make it look like you know what you're doing, then fail. On three." We all split and take our different positions.

Right before Dana tackles Lizzie she throws the ball and instead of MG letting the timberwolves take it he jumps up and grabs it, "whooo yes MG," I yell running down the field after he starts to become surrounded he throws it to me and I sprint all the way to the endzone and throw the ball down. MG and I hug each other excitedly as we celebrate Kaleb and Kaiara coming to join us.

"Arabella, MG, what the hell do you think you're doing?" Lizzie asks us angrily as she storms over, "Pretty obvious, isn't it? They're saving your ass." She says to Lizzie before winking at MG, "Nice hands." I scoff, "ew gross."

"New plan. The gloves are off. Let's burn these bitches to the ground." Like the rest of the team I grin at her words, "Lizzie, no." Josie protests, "We're gonna give these townies a taste of what we're really made of." Lizzie says putting her hand out ignoring her sister. "You can count on my steel." MG says instantly putting his hand out on hers, "Ew. Gross." She says giving him a disgusted glance, "anyways hell yeah, I've been waiting for this for years." I say shoving my hand out excited, "Hey, I'm with you. All the way." Kaleb says Kaiara nodding and also putting her hand out.

"Come on, Jo. You're ruining an epic moment here." Lizzie sighs turning to her sister who was the only one who hadn't joined us, "No, no, this isn't what we talked about." She shakes her head looking afraid. "Well, I'm calling an audible, and I need you to get on board." Josie looks at us all before sighing.

The game starts to great we had even caught up to the timberwolves and were taking a small moment to huddle and get a drink. "What are you doing?" Lizzie questions Jo as she takes a white board and begins to write on it, "I'm calling an audible of my own." She says flipping the board to show the word lose.

"Seriously?" Lizzie asks, "I'm dead serious. And you should be, too. Dad told us to lose today for a reason." Josie tells her, "Well, he ain't here, So screw that." Lizzie replies, "Yeah, no one would be here if it weren't for him. My dad built this school for supernaturals like us, so if we win by flaunting all the things that make us different, we're gonna lose a lot more than a stupid game. We'll lose everything. You really want Dad to stop loving us? Keep it up. And if you don't..." I roll my eyes at the rant, we weren't going to lose everything for winning a game plus we didn't even have to use our powers. "She's right, Lizzie. We got to lose the game." MG says making Lizzie glare at him. "I didn't ask for your opinion." She hisses.

"Or... door number three." Penelope speaks up from the bench, I had no clue how she even got there. "Okay, we definitely didn't ask for your opinion. And how on earth do you always do that? It's like she appears out of smoke." Josie says glaring at her ex. "Hold up, hold up. What's door number three?" Kaleb awks, "You win, without any of your supernatural special sauce. Fair and square." I nod my head like the idea. "Yeah, but we're legitimately terrible." I mean I'd say we had at least five decent players, "No, we used to be terrible, but Kaleb's new this year." Lizzie says, "So am I. I can help us win, too." MG says making the twins look at him unimpressed. "Yo, I caught that pass earlier." He adds, "Yeah, but you cheated. You used your powers." She says making him shake his head, "No, I didn't. I'm... I'm just, I'm scrappy like that."

"Plus Kai and Bella have always known how to play, Good idea, Satan. But to be clear, you can't have my immortal soul." Lizzie says before turning to the team properly.

"Fair and square. Let's do this."