ᴇ ʟ ᴇ ᴠ ᴇ ɴ

It turns out that there had been another new kid that joined the school and Kaiara had been keeping him company and showing him around, I think she had a crush on him, I mean from the way she had described him to me it seemed like it

"Do you think he'll submit to the pack?" I ask her from my bed, "I don't know maybe, he might especially since there's no pressure from Rafael because he isn't a jackass like Jed." I nod along with a slight laugh, "speaking of, why did I find Jed in your bed earlier all beat up?" I look away for a second, I hadn't even known that she had come to the room whilst he was here, "oh well he was just apologising for letting the power go to his head and then Raf came and he got really angry cause Jed's the reason Landon got kicked out and he beat him up." She nods, "ok then, and you believe he's actually sorry?" I shrug, "who really knows? I believe him I guess."

"Wake up Arabella." Kaiara groans as I try and push her away, "what?" I snap wanting to continue to sleep, "Kie we our exams start tomorrow and I wanted to get a good nights rest." I complain, "I know, but uncle Ric has called an assembly." I roll my eyes, "it's two in the morning." I groan getting out of bed.

"What do you think it's about." I question kaiara as we walk, "probably something to do with Landon I mean he just got back and knowing what we know about him and the knife it's probably another artefact." I nod until I realise the way she was going, "hey where are you going?" I ask, "oh to get Tom he's new so I doubt he knows where to go." I nod, "and not because you have a crush on him?" I ask watching her face glow red, "what, I don't." She stammers weakly making me smirk, "sure."

We get to his room and I watch apprehensively wondering what he looked like, "hey." He grins once his eyes lock with my sisters, "hey, I just thought that you might need some help getting to the assembly." She tells him nervously making him beam even more of possible. "Yeah no, that's great thank you." I smile to myself watching the two of them as nervous and awkward as each other.

"Ahem anyways, I do believe we have an assembly to be getting to." I say catching their attention, "hi I'm Arabella." I introduce holding my hand out, "Thomas." He smiles grabbing it, "oh there's Raf and Landon, I'm gonna go and catch up with them but it was nice to meet you." I say spotting the duo leaving their shared room. I give five Kie a wink and then run over to the two boys.

"Hey!" They jump making me laugh, "hey Ari." Landon nods as Rafael avoids my eye. "Landon how's it feel being back?" I question falling in step with him, "it's uh good, I hope it goes better than last time." I nod, "I hope so too, I honestly would've voted for you to stay, but it doesn't matter anymore because you're back." He nods with a grateful yet also awkward smile. "Thanks, um have you seen Hope?" I shake my head, "no sorry, I've been looking for her though." He seems a bit relived at that.

I glance a Rafael who was already looking at me, although he looks away again, why was he being so strange. Landon looks between us and then decides to pick up the pace leaving Raf and I in an awkward silence, "why are you being so strange?" I ask him, as he continues to avoid my eye, "because I'm ashamed, I hit you, and I never ever wanted to hurt you, it's not right. Why aren't you angry at me?" He asks me in disbelief, "Raf why would I be angry? It was an accident, I know you didn't mean to hurt me, it was my own fault, I stepped in front of your fist there wasn't much you could've done." He sighs, "Rafael honestly I'm just gonna pretend it didn't happen." I shrug sending him a smile, feeling relived once he sends a tentative one back.