003

"Why would you want to bring something between us?

There's nothing between us."

The morning struck eight and no one had gotten the chance to see a single shade of blue in the sky, as the clouds were draped like a fluffy blanket all over. Filled to the brim with rain and painted in dark hues of gray, hanging just above Baekhyun's head, it wasn't far-fetched to say that the weather reflected the turmoil going on within the man. His thumb aggressively pressed the red 'end call' button after a pointless fight with the lady who was saved as a simple 'Jinhee' and nothing more on his phone. Curses spewed from his lips and although he was alone in the car, the insults remained underneath his breath. Baekhyun brought two gentle fingers to his head and massaged his aching temples.

Though what he was about to see next would have awakened a new set of anger, a different one.

The office was calm when Baekhyun cooly walked through the glass doors, the flow of who had found a good rhythm in their words floated in the air along with the aroma of coffee, and his taste buds immediately longed for the bitter black drink on his tongue. His ears had become so used to the constant noise of clicking against mouses and keyboards that he wouldn't even realize he was hearing it. However, today there was one specific noise filling his head. Soon-ok's voice speaking on the phone by her desk seemed so loud in his ears, and yet she was talking in normal tones. As the name Sehun rolled down her lips the man found himself grumbling irritatedly upon remembering the scene from the night prior, his anger once again awakened.

"I'm so, so sorry Soon-ok," Sehun had cried for the hundredth time after telling the girl how something bad had happened at work and he was needed. She understood his situation and therefore couldn't be disappointed that he wouldn't be able to drive her to the hospital just this once.

"Hey, hey," Soon-ok hushed Sehun gently when she noticed how the guilt in his voice was getting unnecessarily heavy. "Sehun, it's fine, really. Don't worry." She assured warmly, letting the man hear the serenity in her voice in hopes that he would believe her and calm down. On the other side was Baekhyun settling on his desk next to hers, silently listening to her conversation.

"I'll just take the train, it's not far." She concluded and smiled when Sehun sighed in relief. Baekhyun's brows puckered into a frown as he started the computer. He couldn't really detect what she and that Sehun guy were talking about except for the fact that she had now lost her ride to a place she was supposed to visit. The man let out a little chuckle underneath his breath while he thought, serves you right.

Despite the mockery he made out of her in his mind, Baekhyun was quick to react when Soon-ok sprung to her feet and hurriedly shrugged on her jacket before walking to the exit door, the sound of her heels nicely clicking against the floor gradually became fainter. His eyes followed her figure suit while he furiously tried to fight the urge to go after her, drawing blood from his lip with his drilling teeth. It only took him a glance at her seat, finding out that the stupid woman had forgotten her bloody purse.

"Oh, for fuck's sake." He growled out loudly, drawing attention from Minseok and Chanyeol at the other side of his desk as he angrily snatched Soon-ok's purse from the chair and stormed out of the office, headed to where his car was parked. The colleagues looked at each other with matching expressions, question marks hanging above their heads.

The man was deep in his thoughts, his orbs almost unfocused as he walked with long and quick steps. It wasn't like he was worried about her, not at all.