006

You really know how to make me cry

when you give me those ocean eyes.

Soon-ok had long ago stopped imagining the scene of her meeting with that person ever again.

Without a doubt, there had been a period where the woman had found herself wishing to see him again, a part of her holding on to the fact that he might not be like she remembered him. A fool is what she saw herself as. A weak fool who in that time could have easily given him a second chance if he would have reached out. But as she reminisced, Soon-ok could only shake her head at the idiotic thoughts of her past self and thank the Lord for forbidding her from seeing him. She had realized with time, as the child in her warm belly grew, that she should spare her loving for someone who truly deserved her.

But somehow, God seemed to have found the need to test her all over again. Just when Soon-ok felt like she had finally gotten up on her feet again, she would crumble once more.

Never had Soon-ok expected it to happen, nor had she presumed it to awaken the strong emotions that she was sure she had moved past, put in reality only suppressed.

Yet, there he was- frozen in his steps as paleness visibly took over his skin. The expression contorting his features in a mix of shock and fear made it seem like he was experiencing his worst nightmare, but Soon-ok could only find it ever so comical, that she was the one being looked at with such fearful eyes. But truly, what had she ever done to earn herself such a look? And from him? She had suffered all on her own, it boiled her blood that he would even for a second act like it had been the other way around. Perhaps he had seen the erupting, scarlet flames in her eyes? Perhaps, her hot glare had intimidated him? As his reflection burned her orbs, Soon-ok's nails dug into her palm as her hands closed up into fists, trying to contain the raging anger thundering throughout her body.

He should be scared, she thought. He had left her with a child, silently letting her know that the love he had sworn to her, had truly never existed. The least he could do was to be ashamed of his actions.

The two exes were equally stunned as the male approached the pregnant woman slowly. Steps were careful and light, resembling the ones of a wary cat as if to not scare her away- although he was the one looking terrified. Were the memories of their life together overflowing his mind as he drank her in like that? Was that why his expression seemed to soften the closer he got? That wasn't the case for Soon-ok. She was suffering, living every disappointing word he uttered towards her, all over again, picking her heart apart piece by piece as she convinced herself the hard times were going to be worth it.

How could she have been so foolish? She would never forget the first thing he had asked her once she had announced the news of her pregnancy to him. The words that had officially destroyed her, tearing her down like an old, unwanted building. The words that till this day, contorted her heart in pain and induced tears to gather in her eyes.

He had hurt her so much, she never treated him like that. She would never treat herself so poorly, much less let anyone treat her like that ever again. It was an oath to herself and the new life growing within her.

Seojun's orbs were trembling once he stood in front of her, his gaze taking in every millimeter of her figure before him. Had this been just a month prior, her heart would've skipped a beat. But now it was nervously thundering against her ribcage, wanting to escape, and Soon-ok hoped it was only so it could strangle him.

"Soon-ok ah," he breathed out, and Soon-ok hated how she felt herself slowly falling apart at just the sound of his voice that she had oh so longed for. She wanted to despise it, but it was just as beautiful as she remembered it. Her breath stilled while her already murderous expression darkened even more if it was even possible.