007

You're like lightning in a bottle, I can't let you go now that I've got it

All I need is to be struck by your electric love

electric love

3 months later

"Seoyeon, you have to believe me! It wasn't me!"

"Shut up! I hate you!"

The cringe growing on Soon-ok's lips was one that could be physically heard, felt miles away. She averted her gaze away from the TV and clicked her tongue annoyedly at the happenings on the screen. Somehow they felt extremely familiar. The colors flashed on her skin in the dark living room as she silently waited for something better. Eventually, she lost all interest in the program and let it run in the background as she lowered her gaze down to her chest.

Woah, she would never stop being amazed by the new size of her breasts. Her chest had always been a normal size, but damn, she thought. Usually, she wouldn't even realize that she had boobs, but now? It was like she could physically feel them there all the time, they were being slightly numb and extremely sensitive to the touch, the slightest bump would send her hissing. The feeling swirling within them was hard to describe. All Soon-Ok knew was that her body was once more preparing itself to take care of her baby.

It would have been a lie if she said that she wasn't scared. On one hand, she couldn't wait to give birth and finally meet her child, and in all honesty, God was she tired of all these symptoms holding her from each arm, pulling her from one side to the other. On the other side, there would always be a little butterfly tickling her gut nervously, her fearful self. Something she often found herself doing was imagining all the possible worst scenarios, the immense pain, the amount of time she would be in labor- what if anything didn't go like it was supposed to? What if something happened to her? To her baby? it was all a scary reality that somehow felt still so distant from her but truly was just around the corner.

The doorbell's ring echoed in the lonely apartment, breaking the woman's train of thought. Not even a second had passed by before she was already by the door, grinning excitedly. Well, speaking of waiting for something better, there he was.

Behind the door was no one other than a dramatically unamused Oh Sehun, holding a bag of take-out in his left hand while the other one was coolly nestled in his pocket. The scent of fried food immediately swirled its way into Soon-ok's nose and her eyes lit up like fireworks on new year's eve, prompting the man to raise his eyebrows.

"Really now, Soon-ok?" Sehun deadpanned, "fries and Mcflurry at midnight?!"

The excited hum and vigorous nod of her head were all she replied to before snatching the food from his hand and dancing her way back to the couch, a silent invitation for him to join her. Sehun shook his head fondly as a little sigh left his lips. The man tried his best to keep his usual mysterious and cool best friend persona, but the sight had spread such warmth in his chest, to hide the teased smile threatening to paint on his face was simply an impossible task. He was happy to see her, she was looking a lot better than she had done the past few weeks when she called him while crying desperately on the phone. Sehun at that time felt a surge of worry and anxiety so strong for his friend that he hadn't been able to work properly for consecutive days, wondering whether she'd be okay. But now there she was, right there for him to protect and help with anything she needed.

If there was something the male had learned from hanging out with Soon-ok during this period of her life, it was the way that pregnancy cravings weren't just like any. They were truly craved, cravings. Hence they were most of all, odd- just straight off strange and made absolutely no sense. Sehun knew that It wasn't uncommon for a woman to crave something during sensitive moments like that, after all, he had experiences from his past relationships. Despite that, while being with Soon-ok he would always find himself wondering; Really? Pickles with mustard and fries with ice cream? Sometimes he wondered if the woman in front of him truly was the real Soon-ok or if she had been possessed by some hungry alien curious about weird human food.