005

So if I love you, It'd be just for you,

So when I'm touching you-

Can I trust you?

Warm, insufferable, drops of sweat trickled down the exhausted Soon-ok's temple when she stormed through the door of the rented conference room. Her breath was ragged and short, the growing belly had become so much heavier and soon she wouldn't be able to do all the things she was doing now. The woman was waving one hand in front of her face in an attempt to create a soft breeze to soothe her boiling skin but to no avail. This certain room was not graced by the luxury of conditioned air, and the young summer had begun with its unbearable heat hours.

It was late, she and Baekhyun should have met up a little more than ten minutes ago, but surprisingly, there was no trace of the male. Soon-ok settled herself in the meantime, taking out her newest sketches and notes for the upcoming project. Although her mind-maps and sketches laid before her, ready to be used and developed, while unpacking the bag, Soon-ok had suddenly paid attention to herself.

The woman couldn't bring herself to even touch the pen in front of her. Somehow, it had suddenly dawned on her how long, how large the dress she was wearing was. Shaking hands reached out for the fabric covering her legs, dragging the fistfuls to behind her waist, allowing the dress to tighten around her body.

A lump formed in her throat upon viewing the true size of her belly. When her trembling fingertips went over it, its comforting warmth seeped through the texture of her dress, just to connect with her directly. Soon-ok for the first time came to realize how it wasn't just any warmth. It was someone else's. Someone whom she hadn't met yet, but nonetheless, was the one closest to her.

The one closest to her heart, someone who had been protecting it throughout the many injustices, hence, she couldn't help but believe that the beautiful blossom within her had picked up the pieces of her heartbreak, putting them together with its gentle petals.

The lump gradually grew when a familiar wetness began to sting behind her eyelids as she caressed her belly softly.

"It'll only be me and you," She whispered and her voice got caught in her throat, teeth furiously drilling into her trembling lips, the taste of salt melting on her tongue, "I hope you're okay with that. I hope I can be good for you." She, Park Soon-ok, was about to become a mother. But she had no one.

"I am so sorry," Her child was going to grow up without a father and all she could bring herself to think about was the haunting question as to whether she would ever be enough. Would she ever be a good mother? She who for so long had been so immersed in her own work, in her own surroundings that she had in many occasions forgotten that there was a blooming flower within her. One that she couldn't allow to wither at all costs.

She was its source of life. Though, Soon-ok knew that if she hadn't had this life growing within her, she would have been the epitome of emptiness, walking without a purpose in this cruel world, probably still crying over the man that had mercilessly ripped her heart to shreds.

Everything was falling upon her as if the pressure of a waterfall crashing onto her bareback.

She tried to contain her tears, she tried to not let out the sob that was hiding behind her quivering lips. But it was too late. Before she had known it, her heart had sped up while loud cries left her throat. "Oh my God," Her whole body shook along with the rhythm of her sorrow as she clumsily reached for her phone, dialing the number that she knew by heart. Sehun answered right away, not giving the woman a chance to catch her shortening breath. His worried voice resounded in her ear when all he got to hear was her uncontrollable sobs.