Chapter 1

The soft sand was warm against his feet, the setting sun casting shadows back from the beach into the jungle as a young man walked over to a log.

Ash slowly sat down onto the log that was just inside the sand, the trophy he had been carrying placed down on the sand it's self. He just sat there and stared at the ocean, deep in thought.

He had just won the Alola League and was the first Alola Champion, but it wasn't without some very painful events happening. He never would have thought in a million years that his traveling companions and his rivals would be there to cheer him on, let alone do what they tried to do.

On the eve of the tournament, Ash had been training with his team on the very beach he was now sitting on. They had been training hard and had been joined by most of Ash's other Pokémon that had been at Professor Oak's Lab back in Kanto. All told he had over 60 Pokémon training with all of them, other than Pikachu, having fully evolved.

The power that was on that beach was indisputable. Ash was the favourite to win the Championship, all of Alola had seen his power during the Island Trials and the small tournament held before where Ash had steamrolled through the competition.

As his team had been training, a group of people had approached the beach. They stood there watching for a few moments before they walked out towards him.

Flashback

"Ash!"

He recognized the voice as that of his mothers. He spun around and ran to her with excitement and joy.

"Mom!"

He embraced her with such force that he knocked her down onto the sand.

"Ash! Hahaha Please help me up!" Delia laughed. Ash held out a hand for her to take and helped her up before noticing the others in the group. The group consisted of Brock, Misty, Gary, Drew, Cilan, May, Max, Trip, Iris, Clement, Bonnie, Calem, Serena, Shauna, Trevor, and Alain.

Ash was shocked to see them all. But what troubled him the most was seeing the look on most of their faces. The looks he saw caused him to become cautious and sceptical.

"It's awesome to see you all here, especially you Serena, but what are you all doing here?" He asked?

The group looked around at each other before Brock stepped forward. "Well Ash, we're not here to cheer you on, we are here to take you home. Your not a good trainer, and this..." gestures to Ash's Pokémon sparing with each other all over the beach. "This is a disgrace on how trainers should have their Pokémon get stronger. You will NEVER win this tournament. You never have won and you never will."

Ash was speechless. He never expected this at all. He turned to the others assembled on the beach. "Is this what you all think? That I should quit?"

"Ash, I used to think that you were a good a trainer and friend, but you couldn't defeat Alain with a type advantage and then you have to spend eight months in school learning basic information that everyone should know already." Clement said stepping forward.

"We all think you should quit going after your so called dream. Dreams are for kids." Iris stated.

Ash looked at Serena, the honey blond haired young woman that Ash had wanted to find again after his adventure in Alola was to end.

"What about you Serena? Do you think the same way? That I'm weak and incompetent?"

"Well Ash, I did like you. I used to think you were amazing and dreamy...but now I see that your just day dreaming. You are acting like a child. Your almost 17! It's time for you to start settling down. Start getting experience that will help you get a job so you can get a house and then settle down. That's what I want Ashy...us to settle down together...just us in our own house starting life together..." she said walking towards him.