Chapter 6

The sun had barely started to rise when the first coms checks started coming in from the trainers and Gym leaders who would be helping in the search.

"Hope you all had some coffee." Ash said as his Elite walked up to the cook fire after breakfast. They were still in camp and had just gotten their flyers sorted for the journey.

"I don't think any amount of coffee is going to help me wake up...it's to fucking early." Hau said with a grimace.

"Well that's what you get for staying up so late talking to your girl." Gladion responded. "What she sees in you I don't know."

This elicited some laughter from everyone before Ash's cell rang. The number came up as Nurse Joy and everyone was silent.

"Hello Nurse Joy, any update?"

Ash was quiet while listening, the others not able to hear what was being said, but the look on his face showed it wasn't good or bad news.

"Alright, thank you Nurse Joy. Please keep me informed of any changes." With that he ended the call and put his cell back into his pocket.

"No change in the young woman's condition. She is stable but still unconscious." Ash said turning to his friends. "Now that I don't have to call and ask, let's get mounted up. Everyone is waiting for my word to head out and everyone is ready."

Gladion got onto Ash's Pideot, Hau mounted a Peliper, Acerola was on Ash's Garchomp, Guzma was on Talonflame. Ash walked up to his Charizard. "You ready buddy? I know you have the same fear I do as well."

Charizard nodded as he nudged his trainer and friend. Pikachu jumped down from Charizard's shoulder onto Ash's and nuzzled him before jumping down to join the rest of the team who was staying.

"You guys keep the place in one piece ok Pikachu? None of your shenanigans and pulling pranks while we are gone." Ash told the small mouse who was standing with a mischievous grin that faded to a frown.

"Piika..." he squeaked.

"No, none of that moping around." Ash said chuckling. He saw the glint in his friends eyes. "If we get back and things are not the way they are now, no ketchup for three weeks."

Pikachu's eyes widened in shock. "Pi? Pi pika chu Pi!" He said, snapping a little salute.

"That's better buddy. We will be back when we can be." Ash said. He looked at his watch and noticed it was 7:59 with only 20 seconds left till 8.

He got onto the radio. "Alright everyone, launch in...5....4...3...2...1...go go go!"

As the last go left his mouth his elites and Charizard soared into the air. They headed in their respective directions with Ash going straight north.

"All teams check in in one hour." Gladion said over the radio.

"Rodger that Elite Leader." Everyone replied.

Ash admired the view as Charizard soared through the air, screaming past flocks of pelipers and winguls as they progressed north with a compass being their only guide to keep them going in the right direction.

As the minutes ticked past, Ash kept his eyes open for anything that was not normal and on several occasions he had Charizard fly down to investigate some floating debris that seemed to be big enough to have someone or something on it.

Ash was getting frustrated and Charizard could feel it...and hear it. "Fuck! Why do I have these feelings and then nothing comes from them? What the fuck is wrong with me?" He exclaimed. "Why had the last year been so great but filled with so much pain? Why can't I just get a fucking break?!"