Deep Shit

This Mountain - Faouzia

Sneaking behind the crowds, you find a service entrance that's unlocked, round the back of the building. You are suspicious of the fact that there are no guards and the door isn't even locked, but you busy yourself with remaining undetected.
Dressed in formal enough clothes to blend in, but not enough to restrict your movement, you creep through hallways hoping to find any clues as to where the meeting is being held. Eventually you come across some heavily guarded doors which you assume lead to the conference room. Ideas fly through your head of how to get in, as you think it's already begun. You hear a multitude of footsteps coming closer. You hide slightly before seeing the group of people funnelling in. You take your chance and join the back of the huddle, praying that nobody notices. As soon as the doors close, you press play on your voice recorder and stand to the side, hidden in the shadows.
You listen closely as the council disagree back and forth, never a moment of unanimity. You're so perplexed in fact, that it takes you a minute to react to the lights changing red and smoke bombs being released. Or the rapid evacuation that you're being led into.
You follow suit and trail closely behind as people are led into the back of police trucks, including you.

As the doors close behind you, you realise this probably wasn't the best idea as everyone in the truck is now focussed on the fact that they have no idea who you are.

Council member
"Hey, you weren't in the room... who are you?"

He looks around the truck to see if anyone else recognises you.

Y/n
"I- uh-"

Before you can answer, you all go quiet as the truck begins to move. You sit down with everyone's eyes now back on you, knowing that you're definitely not getting out of this one unscathed.