Hello, Again.

You're Somebody Else - Flora Cash

*Y/n's POV*

Bucky
"Nobody called me"

You look back down at the cover of the book as you place it back on the bedside table to avoid eye contact.

Y/n
"I asked them not to."

You can feel him tense slightly as he feels uncomfortable, like he shouldn't be there.

Bucky
"Why?"

You look back at him, trying to show kinder eyes to ease his overthinking.

Y/n
"Because they told me you were out of town and that you'd be back today. I didn't see the point in making you come back a few hours early."

You can tell he's a little agitated as he looks down at his feet, upset perhaps that you didn't call him.

Y/n
"Besides, I still have a splitting headache so I wasn't the most talkative person for the past 12 hours."

He walks over to the armchair on the opposite side of the room and takes off his gloves.

Bucky
"So, how do you feel? Are you... okay?"

You hesitate for a second. You know what he really wants to ask. He wants to know how much of your argument you remember. In truth, all of it.

Y/n
"I'm a little fuzzy, but the doctor says I'll be out of here in a couple of days."

Bucky
"Good..."

There's an awkward moment. That's it, you decide to put both of you out of your misery.

Y/n
"It's okay Bucky, neither of us meant what we said. And I'm sorry."

He suddenly gets up and starts walking over to the chair next to the bed, almost looking a little annoyed.

Bucky
"No I should be the one apologising. All you ever did was try to look out for me and I was an ungrateful ass."

You turn slightly and bow your head so that you're facing each other, but you don't look away from your fidgeting fingers.

Y/n
"Friends?"

Bucky
"Friends."