Famous Faces

Grace Kelly - Mika

It's a couple of hours later, dinner is over and you're all just relaxing. Charlie was put down for a nap after she ate so you and your sister sit alone talking, as Bucky and Ben occupy Elliot.

Jaq
"So... Bucky."

You brake away from watching him play with Elliot and give Jaq your full attention.

Y/n
"What about him?"

She gives you the typical older sister look of 'you're an idiot'.

Jaq
"Come on... you didn't think I'd recognise him?"

Once again, you sigh at the knowledge that he's been recognised.

Jaq
"Ben and I have been trying to put our finger on it all day."

Y/n
"Yeah, Max figured it out too."

There's a moment of silence before Jaq jumps forward and leans over the table towards you.

Jaq
"Well?? How serious is it?"

Y/n
"It's still early. Ish. We've only been dating for half a year."

She moves back and slumps in her chair.

Jaq
"Bullshit."

Y/n
"Excuse me?"

You laugh at her in astonishment. Usually she tells you off for your language so hearing her swear is refreshing in some ways.

Jaq
"Give me a break, I saw you two with Charlotte. You were smitten."

You roll your eyes at her.

Y/n
"I love him, but you're getting ahead of yourself."

Just then, Bucky and Ben walk in with Elliot passed out over his dad's chest.

Ben
"Someone is very much ready for bed. I'll be back in a sec."

As Ben climbs up the stairs, you pull Bucky to your side and look at him, slightly apologetic.

Y/n
"I'm afraid you're a bit of a celebrity."

He looks between the two of you, slightly confused.

Jaq
"I recognised you from the news."

Bucky looks at her, almost relieved. You expected some annoyance but instead, he just starts to peel his gloves off.

Bucky
"Guess I don't need these anymore."

He then walks round you and pulls up the chair next to yours.
He shoots you both a subtle but sincere smile to show that he's not upset by being spotted. Upon instinct, you place your hand in his metal palm and smile back reassuringly.
Just then, there's a nock at the door; presumably Max and Grayson. Jaq gets up to get it as Bucky leans over to whisper in your ear, making you giggle.

Bucky
"At least I don't have to keep telling people I have poor circulation."