Chapter 6

Samantha felt her heart beat faster. "S-sure." Ariana sat down against the wall adjacent to the door. She patted the ground, motioning Samantha to sit next to her. Samantha walked awkwardly then sat down cross-legged next to Ariana. Ariana twirled her hair with a finger. There was an awkward silence for a second, then, Ariana spoke.

"Why did you audition for Frontrow Entertainment out of all the kpop companies?"

"U-Um..." Samantha couldn't say it was because Ariana would be auditioning...

I've always been a quiet kid since I was born. My parents divorced when I was merely starting preschool so I thought it was normal to have divorced parents. Until my first bullies found me. They made fun of my parental status and my skinny body. I was only three when it happened. I was beaten up, kicked in the stomach, punched in the face. I couldn't take it anymore. After a week of suffering through this torture, Ariana showed up in the same preschool. I went through my daily beat up and miraculously, Ariana knocked them out using her insane taekwondo moves. I was in awe. "Are you ok?" I reacted to the pain and cried. "It's ok... Shhh, I'm here with you." She caressed my back lovingly. I felt warm and fuzzy inside. "What's your name?" "Samantha"...

Samantha found out about the audition at this company through her brother and he told her that Ariana would be auditioning. Samantha thought Ariana wouldn't remember her since they parted ways since that fateful incident. She wanted to spend the rest of her life with this woman so she signed up. Fortunately, Samantha was blessed with the voice of an angel. The judges were extremely impressed and accepted her immediately only after the first audition. Step one of her mission succeeded. Here they were now. She had to make a move but she wanted to start fresh.

"Samantha?"

"I took singing lessons when I was really young, ehe, so I wanted to make use of my skill. This company was my first choice because my favourite UKpop group Kaachi debuted here. What about you?"

Ariana sighed then looked up at the roof. "My parents forced me to train 5 hours every day, singing and dancing since I was four."

"W-what? That's so cruel..." Samantha pouted and looked down. "Did you enjoy it though?..."

"Not really, but I accepted my fate at 12. I watched Kpop MVs and dance practices and I knew I wanted to become one of them so I started training out of my own free will until this company accepted me" Ariana tilted her head towards Samantha. OMG, she is so cute!

"Hm, I met Samantha in preschool and you remind me of her. What preschool did you go to?"Oh no, what do I say?! "I, um, went to the one in... Brighton. There wasn't someone called Ariana there..." "Are you lying?~" she playfully said. She leaned in closer to Samantha. It was like she wanted to make her nervous. Ariana giggled. "You're so cute when you're nervous. Don't worry, I'll let go of this topic for now, hehe." What the heck?! How is she so bold? She's making me so red... "Let's go find Nicole and Sam!" "Woah!" Ariana grabbed Samantha's hand and ran out the door.