2: Where I Belong

It could just be any old button. It could just be some control that opened some cupboard door.

But it could be a door to Earth. And I was willing to take that risk.

So I closed my eyes and I pushed the button.

And suddenly, everything was different.

It looked like parallel Earth at night. Just like a normal road.

But I knew it wasn't.

I was on Earth. I was back.

Where I belong.

There was no time for questioning or wondering how I got there. I needed to find the Doctor now and warn him. Now. Surely it wouldn't be too hard to spot a gigantic blue box.

And then suddenly, I heard it. That terrifying cry that I knew so well, the sound of the creature that killed me.

It killed me.

'EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! THE DOCTOR WILL BE EXTERMINATED!'

There was no time to run. Everyone had been woken up, or had their house smashed to pieces by the Daleks. They were screaming and running for cover, but it was too late. Too late for all of them. The Dalek fleets had electrocuted hundreds, thousands of humans already, and there was about to be another massacre.

A massacre in the streets of poor, innocent London.

I stood for a moment, watching as the Dalek fleets descended upon the poor people who were crying and begging for mercy.

There was nothing I could do to save them.

But I knew where I needed to go.

I needed to find the Doctor, and I needed to find him now.