"Yours across the ocean,"

My darling, Terry,
I am writing this while you're asleep next to me. I don't want to fall asleep. I know you didn't either. You look so peaceful. I worry about waking you up in the morning and disturbing this peace. There's a part of me who wants to stay like this forever. But, there's also a part of me that has to go and fight. If not just for Will, for my pops. For Steve. For Eloise and Charlotte. For Rebecca. For you. I do it all for you, my darling.
I miss you and you're right here. I miss you for everything we won't get to do in the coming months. I miss you for yesterday and tomorrow and every day after that, until we're together again.
Te amo. I love you.
Yours, always,
James.

My dearest, Jamie,
    I miss you! I wrote this the moment you left this morning. I know I've told you before, and I'm sure I'll tell you again, but Brooklyn is so empty without you. I felt the shift the moment you stepped on that ship. I wonder if this will beat you to England. If it does, I win! If it doesn't, well, I hope you had a safe landing.
    Don't worry about anything on the home-front. We'll all be okay. Just take care of yourself. I'll keep checking in with Rebecca and Eloise and Steve. Steve, of course, until he finds some way into the Army. I feel as if he won't stop until the Nazis wave a white flag.
      James, do not be a hero. You already are one. Just get home safe, mi amor. I'm already looking ahead to when you're back in Brooklyn.
      Here's a picture of me, in case you have already forgotten what I look like (or if you feel the desire to show me off to your boys).
      I love you. Te amo. Take care.
Yours across the ocean,
Teresa.