"I'll see you soon, my love"

My dearest, Ter,
  You would hate it where I am! It's freezing. The men and I are too proud to huddle together, but it would help. You would be stellar in these conditions, with your longstanding aversion to heat and all. I hope my apartment, our apartment, didn't make you go soft – not that I can imagine you like that at all! I will have to look forward to that when I come home.
  I'm not allowed to tell you where we are, or who I'm with, really – but you know that Steve's sticking it out with me, as always. It's a helluva show we're putting on, Ter. I will tell you all about it when I can.
   I am sure you have noticed that I have been writing less. This is nothing to do with you, if you were worried. I have barely slept in the same place more than a week since London. The days are long and short, all at once. So are the nights. The books you send help, and I wish I could keep them all with me, but space for personal belongings is scarce. Rest assured that they all have new, loving homes! I rip out your inscriptions and keep them on my person.
   All this to say that you should not worry if you aren't hearing from me. I'm not dead and there's no other dame taking your place. I'll write when I can. Send my love to Bronte and Jacobina, as always. Tell Connie I say hi, too, and congrats on her promotion at the diner. The both of you are making that place great.
    I love you. Te amo. Take care of yourself. I'll see you soon, my love.
Yours,
James.