Chapter Seven

Mike was brought into that part of the basement that was generally believed to be beyond the point of no return—the dungeon. No maid working for the Dimitrescu family remembered someone who was imprisoned there and later released. So far, all men, with no exceptions, were executed, and their bodies were fed to moroaicas or crafted into scarecrows for the vineyard. Women were kept alive for longer periods of time, being drained of blood every day until they died as well.

Only one girl was believed to have escaped, but she was caught by Alcina herself before she could leave the house and killed on the spot. Who she was and what she did to deserve such a fate remained a mystery.

The room down there was dark, moist, and extremely smelly. That was the same stench of moroaicas he had already smelled once in the cellar, but in the dungeon it was most intense. Only a couple of electric bulbs were in the ceiling for the whole prison area. 

When Alcina put Mike down and switched them in, seven Moroaicas came to life and approached him with swords, axes, and sickles they had as weapons. They were hungry and wanted to eat; however, they kept their distance from every prisoner when Lady Dimitrescu was near. They gnarled and made other kinds of animal sounds while waiting impatiently for her to leave.

"Please, let me go." Mike begged. "I will never bother you again. I never come back here to this place."

"No, no, boy." Alcina disagreed. "You went very personal this time, and I see no other opportunity than to make you pay for this."

She grabbed his ear with two fingers and pulled him along with her. Moroaicas slowly followed, with some of them trying to scratch his back.

The dungeon had three parts: the first one in the middle was like a prison with eight metal bar front wall chambers—four on the right side and four on the left side of the corridor; the second part was Moroaica's dining room; and the third was the hall with different torture devices. Luckily for Alcina's new prisoner, they looked old and broken, all covered with spider webs. That meant these devices were not used for a long time, and it made him hope that they are here just to make him fearful, and Lady doesn't plan to use them. But still, a real human skeleton was sitting in the corner with remnants of her long blonde hair still on her head.

"She tried to burn my room." Lady Dimitrescu spoke.

"Are you going to kill me like her?" Mike asked in deep fear.

She didn't answer. Just in the center of that part of the room was a brick pillar with a candleholder and shackles for hands. After lighting two almost burned-out candles there, she secured his hands on the chains. This caused him to almost hang there with his face against the bricks, his hands tightly secured into metal, and only his toes reaching the floor.

Alcina took a long bamboo cane from a nearby stretching rack and poked him slightly in the back with it.

"With this cane, I am going to punish you."

"No, please!"

But the great countess didn't listen. She pulled his pants down, revealing his bare buttocks. And then she took that cane again and swung it against his ass with great force, causing horrible pain.

Slap!

"You ungrateful, selfish wretch!"

Slap!

"You come to my house,"

Slap!

„to lay your dirty hands on my daughter,"

Slap!

„and even try to infect her with pregnancy!"

Slap!

Slap!