Chapter Fourteen

When the first rays of the morning sun hit the side of the mountain behind the village and started illuminating the bedroom, Cassandra was already gone. Mike woke up in an empty bed, but he was happy and satisfied. He picked up his clothes from the floor and started putting them on, just like every morning.

That was great. He thought about his nightly adventure and smiled happily. She's a girl of dreams.

It was early in the morning, around 6 a.m. The weather outside was beautiful, and the villagers certainly had already awakened, but because of the ongoing quarantine, the streets were empty with nobody walking around. Still, there were two cars parked in front of the castle. One of them was clearly Miranda's vehicle, but the other was unknown until Mike started to believe it must be Heisenberg's.

„Oh god, not he again!" Mike wasn't pleased by this. "I don't want to see this dude."

He looked more carefully to see if Karl was in his car or not. No, he wasn't; both vehicles seemed to be empty, which meant that he was probably inside.

"Damn!"

After yesterday's rudeness towards Ingrid, Mike truly didn't want to meet Heisenberg anymore. He thought it was better to wait until he left and sat back on the edge of his bed.

He's still here; he realized that some fifteen minutes later when he walked to the window again and saw that both cars were still there. Shit, I don't have any books here.

Curiosity and a gut feeling that Heisenberg had done something ugly yesterday made him finally walk out of his room and wander around the corridors to find out what was really going on and why he and Mother Miranda were here.

On his way towards the main hall, he didn't meet any maids or daughters of the lady. But what he suddenly started to hear were Alcina's echoing steps and surprisingly strong language coming right ahead from the first floor. Like "stay there, you filthy man" or something like that, indicating that she is very angry.

Mike wanted to see the conflict and approached the balcony in the upper part of the main hall to gaze down.

"Lady Alcina?"

He just couldn't believe what was happening there: in the center of the hall, Lady Dimitrescu had just grabbed Heisenberg's throat by her left hand and picked him up to her own height.

"Where are the dead bodies you have stolen?" She angrily scolded him. "And what have you done with these girls?"

Heisenberg was kicking his legs in the air and trying to break free from the lady's grip without any success. His metal scrap hammer was lying on the floor under his feet, and his hat just fell off his head. His face was pink from the pressure, and his eyes without glasses bulged like they belonged to a mouse who was strangled by a baby python. A few steps right from them stood Mother Miranda, who didn't do or say anything; she just watched and enjoyed the game.

"I didn't steal your dead bodies, aah!" Karl somehow pressed through his mouth. "This is Ingrid's lie; I haven't been in your courtyard. Ahh!"

"If you haven't been in my courtyard, then why is your cigar stub in there?"

With her other hand, she lifted the stub to the height of his face and then drilled its burnt end against his mustache to humiliate him.

"Aaah, stop it...bitch!"

"Or I'm the bitch?!"

"Arrrhh!"

Then she got tired of holding him and threw Karl violently to the floor several meters away. He made a loud crash while landing and destroyed one chair completely by the weight of his body.