☾ Chapter 9: New Pack ☼

Jungkook

"Why are you still following me around?" I ask, eye twitching, as the pouty omega stays on my literal tail.

The gray wolf nudges me. "Come to our pack, Jungkook. Please, let me explain why I did that."

I stop and sigh, shifting back into human form.

Taehyung doesn't shift and lays down in front of me, head on his paws, in submission.

For some reason, having an omega submit before me doesn't please me like I thought it would. The dark gray of the wolf's coat, although pretty, isn't my favorite. There's no pull, but I suppose that's normal. My wolf and I know our place in the presence of someone who is mated.

"Fine. Tell me why."

"My pack is really small. You wouldn't understand, since you came from such a strong and well-off pack, but we're picked on. None of the other packs respect us, even though we're an actual pack. We're treated like rogues and never meet up with other packs because of that. I was hoping if I had that stone and gave it to our Xima, that we'd be able to finally get recognition. It's not that we want to rule. It's just lonely."

Memories of being locked in our practice chambers, all alone to train to be Xima, resurface. I gulp, understanding how crippling and debilitating loneliness can be. As someone who has spent his entire life vying for my father's attention and approval, I can understand the omega's rationale. Although it's messed up, I understand.

"Okay, but I just... you can't do that again, Taehyung. What's mine is mine. I'll come check out your pack, but I make no promises of me staying."

His tail wags and he nods excitedly. "Okay, Jungkook! Follow me!"

- ☼ -

Being in another pack's territory feels wrong. Everything is different and my wolf grows restless. I want to go back to my pack. My pack marking starts to itch, and I whine, turning around.

"Woah, it's okay, Jungkook." Taehyung cuts me off. "Once our Xima gives you permission to be here, the discomfort should subside. This little spell is all we have, really. We're a very small pack.

"I see that." I grumble, and follow the gray wolf, shifting once we near two male sun-type wolves: one light gray, the other, white.

The pair shift shortly after, and I can tell right off the bat I'm in the presence of the Xima and Tima. So I bow, not wanting to anger either male.

"Namjoon-Xima, Jin-Tima, this is the person I was talking about," Taehyung says.

"Ah." The taller of the two, the alpha, looks me over. "You are Jeon Jungkook, correct? Xima candidate of the Bangtan pack?"

I nod solemnly. "That is me. Though, I suppose that pack isn't a place for me anymore."

He sighs. "I am Kim Namjoon, Xima of the Army pack. I welcome you as a guest."

As soon as his sentence ends, I feel a weight lift from my shoulders.

"Thank you, Namjoon-Xima."

He smiles a dimply smile and runs his fingers through his medium brown hair. "I am glad you're well, Jungkook. Your father is cruel. I am surprised you were able to get out without being shunned."

I grip my necklace. "I was supposed to. But I escaped. So I'm a rogue, but without the official branding."

Jin looks me over with interest. "You smell of a different alpha. A mate, perhaps?"