169

Old Master Jeon was sitting in the middle of the study's sofa. Mother Jeon and Ye Lisa were sitting next to him and Jeon Ji Yong and Lin Eunwoo were sitting on the other sofa. The study and the rest of the villa maintained the quietest of silence.

"Grandpa, I'm here."

Old Master Jeon gripped his cane and slightly nodded. "Go on, sit down. I have something to announce to everyone."

This announcement seemed like it was obviously something related to the Jeon's private family matters, but if Lin Eunwoo was present, then it might not be a family matter.

"Have all the guests left?"

"They're gone."

Old Master Jeon nodded. "You've worked hard today. But, there's still something I have to tell you."

Jungkook  glanced at Lin Eunwoo.

"Jungkook, I should have told you that when I was young, I received help from a famous painting master. All these years, I've been looking for that painting master. But after searching for many years, I haven't been able to get any news of him. So many years have passed. That painting master has probably passed away.  This is a regret that's always existed in grandpa's heart." Old Master Jeon paused.

Looking at Lin Eunwoo, he said, "But I found out today that Lin Eunwoo is the great-grandson of that famous painting master."

Jungkook's eyebrows slightly furrowed. He doubtfully looked at Old Master Jeon.

"When the Lin's family fortunes declined, Old Master Lin's granddaughter was left out on the streets. Who could have expected that Lin Eunwoo is Old Master Lin's granddaughter's son?!"

Ye Lisa had already known about Lin Eunwoo's family background. After all, in the novel, Lin Eunwoo had become invincible in the business world by relying on the Lin's former connections.  

Not only did Lin Eunwoo's mother's grandfather come from a line of famous painting masters, he was also very keen on philanthropy and had sponsored many orphans in his lifetime. When the Lin's family fortune declined, Lin Eunwoo's mother, who was naive from being too sheltered and protected, decided to settle down in this coastal city after considering other options. However, she was deceived by Jeon Ji Yong and gave birth to Lin Eunwoo.

The people that had been given financial assistance by Old Master Lin all wanted to repay his kindness, but Old Master Lin died before they became successful. Later on, when those people happened to find out that Lin Eunwoo was Old Master Lin's great-grandson, they spared no effort in helping him out. During that period of time, Lin Eunwoo's life went very smoothly in the business world.

Old Master Jeon was one of the people that had once received help from Old Master Lin.

Old Master Jeon sighed and angrily scolded, "It's my fault for having a son like Ji Yong! That's what caused your mom..."

After speaking to this point, Old Master Jeon heavily hit the floor with his cane twice.

"Dad, don't be angry. It's already happened. It can't be changed." Jeon Yoongi quietly persuaded, "I was also surprised when I found out about Lin Eunwoo's identity. I know that you've always remembered Old Master Lin's kindness, so that's why I took the initiative of bringing Lin Eunwoo back." 

Jeon Yoongi looked at Mother Jeon. "Sister-in-law, I know this matter isn't fair to you. But in this matter, Lin Eunwoo's mother is also a victim."

This matter put Mother Lu in a most awkward position.

From Mother Jeon's perspective, Lin Eunwoo's mother was her rival. Although she knew exactly what kind of person Jeon Ji Yong was, she would feel uneasy living under the same roof as her husband's lover's child.

Old Master Jeon glanced at Mother Jeon and started off with quietly saying, "Lin Mei, the Jeon's have wronged you in this matter. Ji Yong, that b*stard, he won't be coming out of prison for the rest of his life!

After saying that, he said to Lin Eunwoo, "Eunwoo, don't worry. Since grandpa knows about this now, I won't ignore the matter. You're a good child. I can't forget your great-grandfather's kindness. From now on, stay here and live with us. You'll be considered a member of the Jeon's."

I actually have no idea that Jeon Yoongi here would end up being the antagonist too. Sorry.