Chapter Three

*** (reader insert)

He's finally asleep, watching from the void as his chest slowly rises then drops again allowing his mind to relax just enough for those walls to fall and reveal him to me.

Slowly the more and more unconscious he becomes his surroundings come into view, noticing he's sat the fighter to auto and the ship is now leisurely drifting through space.

Gaining the strength to stand, taking a deep breath while crossing the line between void and reality thinking to myself 'damn is that ever going get any easier?' I've gotten a lot stronger since the first time I saw him through the veil, that nigh...

Gaining the strength to stand, taking a deep breath while crossing the line between void and reality thinking to myself 'damn is that ever going get any easier?' I've gotten a lot stronger since the first time I saw him through the veil, that night in the quarters.

Finding it much easier to shift through into his world, with practice I feel as if someday it could happen at will, no need for his relaxation or those damned meltdowns.

Today's events were....staggering, the moment he ignited that saber the abyss of the void exploded with deep scarlet red. I knew this would be much more intense than any episode I had seen before, I could feel it way before I could see it. Was I ready to be launched into a fiery world of ash and smoke, violence and death, pain and fear?

I'm not quite sure what I was expecting but it wasn't that, watching from a distance as Kylo tore through those creatures showing no signs of slowing the merciless slaughter.

He was rushed and distraught, searching for something. Only when the last life had been taken did he notice my presence, instantly his whole demeanor changed.

Simultaneously cold and warm his heart screamed for me as his mind pulled him away, he's fighting a battle within he thinks I can't see. But I'm with him....always...I see his truest intentions even if he cannot, he's afraid. Running to the only home he's had for far too many years, darkness.

Thinking he can shut me out, "no Kylo..." I whisper into the silence while softly sitting beside him in the makeshift cot that lies up against one of the rear windows of the ship.

Slowly slipping my hand across his bare chest softly smiling at the twitch it forces along his skin, he can feel me I know he can. I'm not sure how all this works I've never been dead before...well...permanently dead, and I've never been some force ghost thing but what I do know is that deep from within he knows I'm here knows I haven't left him and that I'll always be by his side.

Inching down to lie against him I can feel the warmth flowing within him, feel each breath inhaled into his chest, it feels so real...as if...but no...looking out the small windows into the nothingness of space I picture our lives back on Starkiller.

Easily imagining our elegant quarters, the black silk sheets and velvet blankets I had come to love, oh how I miss the luxury of the first order, of sharing it with Kylo.

Closing my eyes the image grows stronger and stronger filling every sense with its reality until I feel completely and utterly there, lying within the arms of my love opening them once more to find myself staring out those big beautiful windows at the light snowfall behind them.