Chapter Eight

*Kylo's view*

Targeting in on the girl, her surroundings morph into place slowly fusing scenes of festivities, containing large crowds of celebration and song. She's fully aware of my presence now, the force connecting us from across the universe.

"Palpatine wants you dead." My voice rings beyond the dyad, studying me she answers calmly "serving another master Ren?" Sure it would be easy for her to assume this but how could she know? How could she guess my true intentions? I promised Palpatine the scavenger in the hopes I would see my (y/n) again, wanting Rey dead is such a simple task in return.

"No, I have other plans. I offered you my hand once, in the throne room back on Starkiller base. There was a moment when you wanted to take it, to join me and my empress. It was foolish to deny me, your fate has been sealed I no longer wish you to stand against my side." The subtle betrayal skims across her face "you could have killed me then when you had the chance. Why is it only important to you now?"

Rolling my shoulders letting bent up tension cascade down into my flexing fists "your life is to be traded for another, someone far more important to me than you could ever have hoped to be. You can not hide Rey, not from me."

Heavy steps pulling me closer to her, feeling a tinge of anxiety knowing she's just beyond my grasp, so close...if I could just... "I see beyond the cracks in your mask Kylo, I see through these clouded motives. You wish to sacrifice me for your fallen bride, you would curse the galaxy to bring her back. The foolish one is you, supreme leader, killing me will no sooner bring her back from the dead than killing your father to please the siths. The past haunts you, you can't stop seeing that day it replays in your mind constantly, it wasn't your fault Ren. I've heard the story of her death, I've been told she was beginning to bring out the good in you. Don't let her death be in vain, join the resistance."

An unnatural grunt leaks past my mask with each heavier stride, anger now bubbling in my veins "I didn't want to have to kill you, but I'm going to find you and I'm going to do what must be done in order to bring her back to me." Taunting me she snickers "we'll see."

Madly yanking out to her every fiber of my being vibrating with fury, unsuccessfully obtaining Rey fully although my actions weren't completely in vain for now sitting within my grasp lay a necklace, a clue, the key to finding the scavenger. Immediately summoning a member of the order to trace the origins of the necklace, while hastily grabbing what little belongings I have.

Frantically searching the quarters for that little crystal charm, irritation building the longer I look. Ripping off the bedsheets yelling into the silence "WHERE IS IT! WHO TOOK IT FROM ME!" as if summoned from thin air that sweet alluring voice rings inside my mind "nobody took it, you dropped it in your sleep last night. Just clam down...(tingles run across my back with the phantom caress of her touch) breathe Kylo it's okay...look it's right over there, beside the bed."

Eyes divert to the direction of the small glimmering saber resting undisturbed on the sleek tile floor, heart hammering in my chest as I reach for it, recoiling back from the electrifying zap followed by the brief collision of our hands. Confused I look to those eyes I so desperately mourn "but how...did you....I felt you."

Shock just as present on her face as mine "you think any of this makes sense to me? I don't know how any of this works, how any of this is even possible, I'm dead Kylo in case you forgot.." harshly scoffing "you think I could forget that?!"

Yanking the necklace from the floor quickly slipping its chain over my head tucking the cyber crystal securely beneath my tunic it rests against my chest, turning my back on her marching towards the door the lightest hand grips onto my arm stopping me dead in my tracks. Standing frozen back against the only person I've ever loved, misplaced anger confusing my own emotions she speaks "that's not what I meant... it's just...every time I think I've got this...this...whatever it is! Figured out something new happens, something even more impossible than before. Anakin told me what we had was special, that it's never been seen before, our connection through the force, unlike anything that's ever existed."