Chapter Four

The next thing I know is only the shade of red, pushing through the void finding my curled-up silhouette.

Opening my eyes to see again this ones powerful, something big is happening and by the looks of that shade, it's not something good. Visions bombard the abyss, fast twists and turns throughout space deep inside what looks like giant floating rocks, they too stained with red hues.

Stumbling towards reality every step is like walking through sand, heavy and off-balance. 'Why is this so difficult!' I wonder just before reaching the edge, ah finally seeing Kylo maneuvering the fighter through the cluster of rocks his eyes glancing back and forth from the chaos down to that damned thing he stole from the murder spree planet.

Where is he going? Pushing through the veil was quite the struggle, with each flip of the ship the window would shift and I'd fall further and further away, finally breaking through damn near flying into the fighter barely stopping myself from slamming into the control panel.

This of course causes the reaction of Kylo to nearly crash into one of the rocks before shouting "fuck!!! What the hell? Where did you come from!" Brushing myself off before leaning back against the panel "uh...it's hard to explain. But the better question what in the hell are you doing? Where are you going?"

His eyes dart down to the object which I now assume is a map, trying to nudge me out of the way is useless because for some reason unless he's dreaming our touch is nonexistent. Sighing "could you move, I need to see where I'm going, I'm nearly there."

Crossing my arms in resistance before huffing and scooting out of the way 'what's more important than me?' Speaking up "ahem, and just where are you going??" Not breaking concentration holding his breath with one final shove of the accelerator the fighter finally breaks through the mess and shoots out into the darkness of space, steadily heading straight for a darkened blue planet not too far in the distance.

One worded answer "exegol." Is all he says, and I can't help but wonder if I'm being punished for last night, sarcastically replying "okay....and what's on exegol that's sooo important?"

Finally, my attitude forces a break in his concentration and his eyes shift harshly in my direction "rumors of an old emperor, an emperor I'm going to (adding just as much sarcasm) exegol, to kill."

Letting out the smallest gasp "killing again? What's with all the murder lately? It's not like you Kylo..." eyes dart back to navigating the ship before a deep chuckle fills the silence in the room "not like me? I've murdered people far long before you came along (y/n) I know you've heard the stories. They're all true. Trust me. Besides recently I was reminded that I'm all alone, nothing in the universe matters more than what I can control. And since that's not you, (pausing momentarily) it immediately goes to my destiny. Ruling the galaxy. And palatine is the next step in achieving that."

Taken aback by his response, this harshness is something new and I'm not too sure I like it "you're not alone Kylo..." I whisper, suddenly a gloved hand shoots through my abdomen waving frantically through what should be my guts "hmm looks like I am." He says rudely before gripping tightly back onto the ship's handle pushing forward diving the fighter into the planets glowing atmosphere, standing silently feeling my heart aching from his bitterness "okay well then I'll leave you to it, you want to be alone then be alone."

Feeling the ship hover momentarily before landing sternly against the planet's surface, turning to look at it surprised to see its empty, dark, full of thunder and lightning. Such an evil sensation washes over me before standing straight and heading towards the veil, not seeing or feeling the reluctance of Kylo's hand grabbing out for me, those sensations only felt in dreams.