Chapter Five

***reader insert

It seemed as though Kylo was gone for ages, fear crept in my mind wondering the deepest of fears 'what if it was a trap, what if he didn't return.'

Impatience grew ever stronger until finally, a small black figure appears from just beyond the darkened space across the planet, Swift step after step outlined his frame more and more until I could see every bit of the stern look upon his face.

Something must have happened, that can't be good, could it?

Stomping up the fighters ramp walking right past my seemingly invisible self, collapsing into the pilot's seat he wastes no time starting the ship, putting his coordinates into the system, and closing the ramp.

Slowly walking towards him leaning myself against the wall watching intently as the fighter lifts from the surface of the planet and hovers before soaring back out into space, staring blankly into the stars wondering just where we could be off to now.

Finally speaking breaking the silence with thoughts directed straight to Kylo's mind "I was getting worried about you, you know."

Instantly startled his movement nearly jerks the ship sideways, shooting a sideways glance finally seeing me "You have got to stop sneaking up on me like that! You could have killed us both!"

A moment of silence fills the ship as it finally clicks, flashing glances in my direction his face going completely ghost-white while trying to fumble with his words "I...I'm...I didn't mean..." turning around trying to compose myself only to hear the autopilot switching on and him shuffling to his feet slowly making his way towards my back.

"(Y/n) please I didn't mean it like that I wasn't thinking

"(Y/n) please I didn't mean it like that I wasn't thinking. Please..." slowly turning around hand pressed firmly against my mouth ultimately unable to hold back any longer suddenly bursting out with laughter which filled every space within the ship.

Unable to stop I just keep laughing and laughing attempting to catch the breath I don't need while poorly mocking him "YoU CouLd HavE kiLLed uS!" Waving my ghostly hands in the air poorly intimidating a spirit, a twinge of anger sparks his across his face just as fast the space between us immediately disappears, finger pointed to my face Kylo so close we'd be completely squished if I had been alive "that's not funny. You're lucky I can't touch you."

Blushing momentarily before the realization that he in fact can't touch me sets upon both our faces while our eyes focus upon each other's, just as quick as the anger appeared it faded even quicker.

Standing very still for quite some time whispering into the dark "oh what I'd give to feel your touch again...unspeakable things... anything for you..." slowly rising a hand gently caressing his cheek, slowly his eyes close and a wide smile forms across his face letting that cute little gap between his canines peek through before his hand engulfs the shape of what would be mine.