66. Where is She?

Raven Valenciano created a groupchat.

Raven Valenciano added JM Tadeo, KD Mariquit, and Luis Miguel Yu.

Raven:
Guys. Tell me aga kapag na-contact niyo na si Kite. Please.

Luis Miguel: Hindi niyo ma-contact?

JM:  Hindi :( Naka-off yata ang phone niya. It's been 1 and a half day already. Hindi rin siya pumasok sa mga classes.

KD: I'm really worried now. Ganun ba siya ka-affected sa article? We all know it's not true. It's just the same as last time. 

We are here for her. Bakit biglang di siya nagpaparamdam?

Luis Miguel: Tsk. Why didn't you say earlier? Kingina. She shouldn't be left alone

KD: Teka bakit nandito si Luis Miguel?

May picture ka din ba sa Wall of Friendship?

Luis Miguel: huh? anong Wall of Friendship?

Raven:
Tsk. He's here because he has a special connection with Kite.

KD: Special connection?

Luis Miguel: Wag kang magselos bro. We just happened to share our darkest secrets. 

JM: uHH actually hindi talaga in a relationship si KD at Kite

Luis Miguel: WHAT

Raven: oh wag kang chismoso

Teka lang! SI KITE! May idea ba kayo kung nasaan siya?

KD: Bakit Luis Miguel angal ka? Bagay pa din kame

Bakit pala kayo close? Hindi ko alam yon ah

Luis Miguel: And now you don't even know where your so-called girlfriend is

JM: Hindi rin namin alam bakit sila close. Madaya mga 'yan eh

Luis Miguel: Tss. Fine. I'll tell you.

Voice call na lang para mabilis.

Luis Miguel started calling...

You joined the call.

[Third Person POV ]

Katerina Aragon gasped, wide-eyed. 

Mumuntikan na siyang mahulog sa makitid na hagdan. Her head cocked to the side and saw a familiar face. Worry mixed with anguish. Luis Miguel Yu saved her life. Why was he here in the hospital? 

He caught her in his strong arms. Unti-unti, tinulungan siya nitong tumayo ng maayos. Lumingon si Kite at nalula siya sa taas ng hagdan. She almost lost her life.

"W-Why... did you save me?"

No thank yous. The words she uttered carried disbelief.

"I saved you because I couldn't save another." He stepped back a bit. Hindi nakatiis at sinuntok ang pader sa galit.

Kite came back to her senses as he did that. They both leaned on the wall and shared their whys. The empty hospital staircase offered comfort against the pain the other rooms brought.

Luis Miguel is having an affair with an older woman. Six years older sa kanya at separated. Luis Miguel and his woman were there because... of abortion.

"That's illegal, Luis Miguel." she breathed. I can't... believe this.

"I know. Pinalabas niya na nanganganib ang buhay niya. I think in that kind of cases, doctors would allow an exception."

"That's..." Going overboard. Grabe, ang lala. "Are you the father?"

He took a deep breath and his eyes flickered with unknown pain. "No. I haven't seen her in a month... Naging busy ako sa pag-aaral, plus I was aiding my father dahil hindi pa niya tanggap na hindi ako kumuha ng Engineering. Nito ko lang nalaman na nagkita pala sila ng dating asawa niya..." He cleared his throat.

"She said she missed me and I wasn't there to give her needs... She blamed me for being busy and then chose to spend a night with him. Dating asawa naman daw niya." He laughed sarcastically, he laughed again, and then he got quiet.

So she betrayed him, got back with her ex-husband for a while, while paying with Luis Miguel's feelings. Katerina and Luis Miguel promised each other. That she would find her happiness from others. That he would cut all ties with the woman.

Both found their suggestions offensive. Para kay Luis Miguel, it was almost impossible. He tried before. He couldn't do it. The temptation was too strong to fight.

Kite scoffed at the idea. All her life, she was independent. She didn't have any choice. Entrusting her feelings to someone would fuck her up. Badly.

Kite went home with full of thoughts in her mind. She didn't even know if she saw Luis Miguel or that it was a figment of her imagination. She would confirm tomorrow morning. As long as she's normal again.

Luis Miguel stared as she leaves. He got to know the reason why she came here. Why she feels that way tonight. Still... bakit? May mas malalim pang rason. Then he understood... he's not the guy who she'll tell all her demons to. Maybe one day. If she had her heart open to someone worthy.

The call ended.

KD: Damn bro. You were going through so much

Andito lang kami. Tawag ka kung gusto mo maglaro o uminom

JM: SOBRA HUHU Palabiro ka sa klase pero ganyan pala pinagdadaanan mo 😭😭

Luis Miguel: It was stupid. One that I regret a lot. If it weren't for Kite, I'm probably still in that toxic cycle

Raven:
If that's the case, what was the reason Kite was there?

Luis Miguel: That... is her story to tell.

JM: Uhm... should we ask Lorenz about her whereabouts?

KD: WAG

SUBUKAN NIYO LANG

Luis Miguel: ??? 

Boyfriend ka?

Raven: No need. I know she won't approach him.

Luis Miguel: Correct. She's not a martyr.
He's my friend but he was an ass. He doesn't deserve her. Maka-karma din yon

Ikaw @KD Mariquit bakit hindi na lang maging kayo talaga??

KD Mariquit: Maybe soon, when I deserve her. 

Raven and JM reacted 😲