73. An Ode to Lost Love

"from loving you was sunshine, but then it poured... and I lost so much more than my senses 'cause loving you had consequences"

Songs that inspired this chapter:

Consequences - Camila Cabello
I Have Questions - Camila Cabello
Malaya - Moira Dela Torre

----x---

Katerina,

You have always been my sun.

Like Icarus, I fell. I didn't make it to reach you. Not because you were bad for me, but because I realize I was too afraid to get close.

Wala sa'yo ang problema, Kite. My feelings for you died down because I didn't take care of it. I was fascinated with you... by the idea of us... pero nang magkatotoo na, natakot ako.

I was a coward. You overwhelm me.

I am terrified that I am going to screw up and hurt you. Which is very ironic, isn't it? Nasaktan na kita.

You deserve to know that everything about me is real - especially the part that I don't deserve you. Knowing that I broke your heart will always be my heavy wings. We had a great story, Kite. I will always be regretful that it was a tragedy instead of a happy ever after.

You know what I always like about you the most? Your eyes. I want to say that one day someone will look at you the same way you look at the stars. Pero napagtanto ko, you deserve someone who looks at you like you're the whole universe.

I will always pray for your happiness in all parallel universes.

Lorenz De Guzman.

kiteinspace: You are right. Somehow, I am the Sun.

kiteinspace retweeted a poem.

She was like the sun,
She knew her place in the world -
She would shine again regardless
of all the storms and changeable weather
She wouldn't adjust her purpose
for things that pass.
Nikki Rowe

---x---

A/N: Okay pa kayo? Hahah

Sometimes, may mga tao talaga na takot sa commitment. Kahit ano pang eksplanasyon, wala kang magagawa kung iyon talaga ang problema. Not every love is meant to be saved.