Prologue

Authors POV
————————————

Valentina didn't know anything about love, safety and happiness, she didn't know how she got where she was she just knew this was her reality, there was nothing she could do to change it she could only except it. She never really understood why her life was the way it was. Why she got dealt the bad cards but at the end of the day she knew complaining wasn't going to do anything about it, it wasn't going to change the past or the future so what was the point in wasting time? She was a weapon that's all she was but at least she wasn't dead.

Ace knew what love was but it was far from normality, which he wasn't ever dwelling on that fact, he was in the mafia and you can not expect to be pampered. He had to grow up fast and take over as soon as he was old enough. And since then he's been taking care of his businesses. He wasn't raised to show emotions it was "the unprofessional" not that he wanted to be seen as vulnerable anyways. But what could he do about? Nothing so he welcomed it all with open arms was that the best option though?

—————————————————————————
A/N - thank you for reading the prologue, this is a 2nd time I've rewritten this book and this is most likely the last time I will be making such big changes like this due to the fact I have faith that I'll actually like this version. Please stay tuned for future updates/chapters. I know this isn't a normal prologue but it's giving kind of a little information on Valentina and Ace.
—————————————————————————