Chapter 3 - Unexpected

Valentina's POV
                             ———————————

I got away.

2 months ago when I was on that mission to kill Ace I escaped through the window of the hotel.

It was a high jump but I survived and luckily Dietrich is a fucking idiot because he didn't have anyone gaurding the front or the sides of the hotel he only had people guarding my door, so it was kind of easy to get away and right after that for the past 2 months I have been in hiding,

I am still living in italy but I made sure my whereabouts were found in Los Angeles so the Russians will be looking for me down there meanwhile I am hiding out right under their noses.

Dumbasses.

I am currently living in a small apartment in Sicily, Italy I know it is very stupid to stay in a place that I almost killed the Don of the italian mafia but there was no where else I could really hide out because why would anyone expect for my to hide where I "killed" one of the biggest mafia leaders in the world.

Exactly, no one.

Meaning I could live in somewhat of a luxury life for a while at least.

But for a while I doubt anyone will find me because I was 1. In a disguise and 2. I am in the place people think I'll avoid. So therefore I'll be fine for a few months or hopefully a year.

The apartment I am living in right now is more on the smaller side but it has everything I need, I am still doing my assassin jobs, I had a name in the underworld but now I am actually working for myself, I am working alone now and not for anyone so I've decided why not to let  myself take over my name for my work.

I have a burner phone for calls for jobs I need to do, that actually pay me so I can earn some
Money.

The last 2 months I've been setting up my "new life" I got a car and for my apartment I have only really set up my room and all of my information for jobs and all of the things I use for my jobs.

I haven't really had time to set anything else up but I plan on doing that today.

I have also changed my entire appearance, Instead of having my natural blond hair I dyed my hair a very dark jet black hair, and every morning I put in a blue contact on the eye that is colored brown, since I would usually wear a brown contact to cover the eye that is blue but since I am currently being like fucking hunted I decided to change it up.

I also changed up my style a little bit, I got rid of all of my old clothes and identities like my wigs and secret identities that I would use for my jobs and got all new ones.

I can't risk being caught so I had to change everything even the littlest things, I covered my russian tattoo or I like to call it a branding because I was kind of forced into getting it, and I plan on keeping it covered and hopefully have the privilege to remove it one day.

I decided that today I would be finishing setting up my apartment and hopefully get a job, because I have been itching to do something that is outside of this apartment and to where I can get my hands dirty.

I get up and get dressed for the day I took a shower around 4 this morning because I couldn't really sleep so I don't have to take a shower right now, I looked through my closet to try and find an outfit to wear and ended up picking out a V-neck Bar sleeve T-shirt with some black jeans with some boots and some gold jewelry. I left my hair down but did light curls and very calm and natural makeup look.

Once I was done getting ready I grabbed my keys and walked making sure my apartment was locked I made my way to the elevator and pressed the B for the basement which was the garage.