Chapter 13 - Next moves

Valentina's POV
                       ———————————

Always have an escape plan.

That's rule number 1, the thing about me is though I don't like rules, I was never a "rule follower" well if I could help it. And maybe that's why I am the way I am...who knows.

I am currently on my knees in front of Ace D'Angelo, with his little bitch behind me –making sure I don't pull a fast one and try and run again– and the rest of his fucking dogs around me. About 11 of them in total.

The eerie silence is making my adrenaline pump through my veins fast, making me slightly sweat but the cold chill in the air made me slightly shiver, I can feel my face and fingers become slightly numb.

Keeping my head straight I keep my gaze straight ahead, well that's before I feel Ace grab my jaw bruisingly tight. Clenching my jaw I try to keep the discomfort off of my face as he pries my head to look up at him.

"I didn't know you worked with the Russians." he grits through his teeth in anger.

As my eyes meet his I can see his eyes harden as I continue to ignore him entirely. Not giving him the satisfaction of trying to intimidate me. I keep eye contact with him and out of my peripheral vision I can see some people tense and be extra cautious.

He tightens his grip on my jaw bringing me back to reality.

"I don't but either way it's none of your business is it?" I say with more of a sickly sweet tone, almost taunting him.

His grip now loosens and he takes a step back, he sends a swift nod to Felix –who is standing behind me– before I could even register anything in my head Felix grips the back of my head by my hair and forces me to stand up.

With my leg still bleeding I put less weight on it but I try to do it as unnoticeable as possible just to not bring attention to the fact that my injury can be my weakness, 'never let them see your weaknesses' the mantra repeats through my head as I stand there waiting for what Ace is planning to do, or so he "Threatens".

He just stands there staring at me and not saying a word. The silence is bone chilling, I can handle chaos but silence? I can't do it. It means there is plotting happening and that means that I don't know what's happening. I just need to stay ready and aware of everything.

With my guard up I look at my surroundings from my peripheral vision and I can just see all of the men surrounding me. Some of them are getting twitchy, what I mean by this is their hands are inching towards their guns and some of them have there hands on their guns just waiting for the green light.

I guess I caused some havoc....good.

Some of them though are just standing there with hard expressions but I could see through their hard exterior that they are more in deep thought. Which is a good thing because if I can manage to find a way to get out of this I only have to deal with Ace and his bitch and the rest will be easier to deal with on their own.

I can't just jump into this one, It needs to be a calculated plan not reckless.

I bring my eyes back to look down trying to calculate my next moves while also trying to figure out what Ace and his dogs are planning. There aren't any possible 'good' outcomes to this situation but if it ends up with me not being dead then I am not complaining.

Before I could think of anything else I felt a gun pressed against my forehead, the cold metal making a shiver run down my spine, but at the same time adrenaline runs through my veins at the action.