Chapter 3 - Lucas:The Tower's Sleeping Beauty

*For some nice immersion please play this music in a low volume in the background while reading this chapter.*

"Lucas"

What is this?

"Lucas!"

What do you need from me?

"Lucas!!!"

"Mr. Magi, are you free after the show?"

Were they the ones calling out to me? Get away from me. No. This is actually good. I need whatever crumbs of mana they have, or else I will pass out before I even get to that tree.

"Hmm maybe," just a touch. "Ladies, you have such lovely hair." A touch, just a touch, is all I need. This won't harm you, ladies.

Damn it! Your squealing is getting on my nerves, but beggars can't be choosers.

"Oh aren't you a sly fox."

Ugh, what does this woman want? Stop pushing your chest on my face; it stinks of alcohol.

"Lucas!"

Shit! Who is calling me?!

"Mr.Magi, you look so troubled. Let's get another drink here, please!"

There are so many of them, yes, just like that. Keep coming. The rumours that I am wealthy are true, you ignorant women.

"I will pay for it!" hah.

"Is.. ish your pocket bottomlessh?! Wersh do you keep all Hese golds?" she's almost slurring her words.

"That a secret." Don't touch my robe. Smile to hide your disgust Lucas, the leering sinister intentions from these women disgust me.

"LUUUUUCAAAASSSS!!!"

WHO IS CALLING ME?! What- golden hair.

F*CK

F*CK!

My f*cking head hurts. It's splitting in half.

"DANCERS, HURRY ON STAGE IN A MINUTE!"

Finally, their stinks have been annoying me, and I regained enough crumbs of mana to get me to the next town.

"Lucas..."

You need to shut up- What is this....an echo?

Diana sat alone. Contemplating. Her worries didn't show on her face, but her mind was engulfed by the void in her memories that she couldn't piece together. To her, the people surrounding the table are critters mumbling amongst themselves. But the man with beautiful eyes and raven hair who uninvitedly sat across from her caught her attention.