Chapter 5 - What Dreams Are Made Of

"Miss?" she looked at the beautiful dancer with a look of concern. "You've gone pale, Miss..." she reached for her shoulders. "You must be tired from dancing. If you have no place to stay, we have some spare room back home."

Diana, who stood in confusion and disbelief, stared blankly at the floor.

"Miss?" Lilian looked around for help while she assisted Diana from losing her balance. "Miss, I will call the physician-"

"No." Diana snapped back. She stared at Lilian's face and noticed her resemblance to Nari. "No, young lady," she shook her head, "I... I was just..." Diana struggled to find her words.

Who can blame the poor dancer? Questions about the fate of her newborn child, her husband's death, and her life as Eunji were still lingering in her mind when the living proof that she may be a minor character in a tragic novel is standing in front of her.

"Miss, you've really gone pale; I will call for someone..." Lilian insisted.

"No. I am so sorry-" the thought of adding more debt to the old Lady who is helping Eliza concerned her. "I was just tired from everything...."

Lilian thought it through whether to call for help as Diana still looked very sick. "Alright then, please stay over at our house." Lilian knows that a travelling troupe usually sleeps on the cold and damp ground; this was the least she could do to help. "We have an extra room at our mansion if it is not too much trouble for the miss."

"What a kind girl..." Diana thought. "I should be the one apologizing, Lady York. What an unsightly scene to show a noble lady." she teased.

"Please! Don't say that!" Lilian blushed. "Miss has shown a beautiful dance, I doubt I would ever happen to gaze upon if it were not because of you." she fiddled with her fingers. She gathered her thoughts before speaking again, "My family looks after the people of this town. So it would be an honour to serve our people."

"Then if it isn't too much. I am grateful to be under your care Lady York." she bowed courteously to Lilian.

A decorated carriage was waiting for them outside; a footman helped the two ladies up the carriage. After a few minutes of a peaceful carriage ride, it stopped in front of a beautiful mansion almost double the town's size with a long gated road heading towards a tall door. The York's maids and servants greeted both of them. Diana was reminiscent at the sight of when she was Eunji, and Nari and Felix greeted both her and Claude at their arrival. A young maid accompanied Diana through the spacious hallways. As if reflecting the personality of its noble owners, the mansion was simple yet elegant. And even though Diana is steps below Lilian's ranks, she is treated like a noble lady in the mansion, placed in a beautifully decorated room.

Lily is a kind-hearted noble who always assumes her responsibilities like in the book. How an admirable young lady; I must be lucky to meet her in person so early in the story. Wait—the story. Right now, what part of lovely princess am I at? No. Not yet- It hasn't started yet. The events of that book began when Athanasia was just a child... or was it, Jeannette? Athanasia- my supposed daughter with the cruel Emperor Claude...